Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're still having no luck?

I feel for you. I've only won the day a couple of times this month. 

But your post count is higher than your likes. Throw enough shit.. 

sassy peace out GIF

(and no, no luck in 2 years on Monday. But who’s counting?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Things that cheer me up: benefiting from other people's petty squabbles

I once did quite well in a job because one of the middle managers didn't like me, and a more senior person who hated the middle manager, saw me as a useful tool to undermine the middle manager.

I think at the time I thought it was my natural talent for the role that was winning me pay rises and promotions, but in the end I clocked that I was a mere pawn in his game. A pawn with a fistful of dollars though MWAHAHA.

And now that familiar sensation returns, in a less lucrative, but somehow more satisfying way.

• Like 2

The fact it’s around 3pm in England, cold, maybe raining, everyone’s back at work depressed that Christmas is over, it’s ages til payday and the weather is shit. And I’m in Sri Lanka just about to start my second week of holiday. It’s 33°c, 8pm and I’m sat on a warm balcony about to go for dinner. 

That cheers me up no end 😘

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's not that cold for January to be honest. It's dry as well. I get what you are saying though. You are on holiday. 

Yep, quite mild here too. Me and the missus had to have a conversation about whether either of us had put the central heating on this morning. Turns out neither of us had. We didn't notice

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I may be in England in January, but I don't have to go back to a shit job next week. Or the week after. Or ever. 

This cheers me up. 

you should mention that more often 😉

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The fact it’s around 3pm in England, cold, maybe raining, everyone’s back at work depressed that Christmas is over, it’s ages til payday and the weather is shit. And I’m in Sri Lanka just about to start my second week of holiday. It’s 33°c, 8pm and I’m sat on a warm balcony about to go for dinner. 

That cheers me up no end 😘

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's not that cold for January to be honest. It's dry as well. I get what you are saying though. You are on holiday. 

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, quite mild here too. Me and the missus had to have a conversation about whether either of us had put the central heating on this morning. Turns out neither of us had. We didn't notice

Yeah I had the British Gas guy around earlier today (he didn’t turn up quite on time so I was freezing waiting to do my ‘just got out the shower’ thing).

Anyway, 8:00am this morning I knocked the heating off and this conversation has just reminded me!

So yeah, quite mild.

I’ve also got a view of the sea, it’s a lovely light grey / brown colour.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

he didn’t turn up quite on time so I was freezing waiting to do my ‘just got out the shower’ thing

Is that where you drop your towel ‘by accident’, fully exposing yourself to the poor plumber? 😂

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Is that where you drop your towel ‘by accident’, fully exposing yourself to the poor plumber? 😂

You know the drill.

Unfortunately, 15 minutes of cold water hadn’t exactly enhanced my appeal. So he just cracked on with my low pressure issues.

Side story - apparently a couple of months ago he’d (British Gas bloke). stopped his car outside my house ‘cos his wife was giving birth! Then decided he was better off driving to the hospital, so she actually had the baby another half a mile up the road parked up on the side of a roundabout when it turned out she wasn’t exaggerating after all.

• Haha 1

Â