Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

wondering what to eat, and images of a disparate collection of boring food in the cupboard - of pasta, rice, tins, and other very dry bland basics that never seem to be used...

then remembering my mate - a better chef than most professionals - invited me round to dinner. Hallelujah! All I need to do is buy the wine. And I very much enjoy buying wine :)

This awkward woman at work wouldn't give us her password so that we could upgrade her computer, she kept saying "No, its against IT policy!" (despite us being the IT department) so I went over and set up her new computer and asked her to log in for me and she quite smuggly said "Okay, but I'm not giving you my password" and then proceeded to type her password straight into the username field, clear for me to see.

:D

Discovering the sugar sugar game, even though it's a real timewaster.

curse you Mike

it's plop .. but strangely addictive and i can't quite bring myself to shutdown the browser

One of the things I like about the winter is putting the next days boxers and socks on the radiator the night before so in the morning they are all toasty when I slip them on.
I do that, trousers and shirt, too.

My missus thinks it's hilarious and wildly eccentric. Just seems like plain common sense to me.

yea but the heat only lasts for about 5 seconds.

Plus, I prefer putting 'cold' clothes on, because it wakes you up more.

Ooh no, can't stand any sudden shocks on dark winter mornings. I have no trouble waking up (as documented in previous threads), but I'll have no truck with cold clothes, cold water or bright lights. I get dressed in the dark, and only have low lights on in the kitchen. No radio or TV either, just silence. Has to be a very gradual process, with minimal discomfort.

I get dressed in the dark,

me too .. was staying with the in-laws one Christmas and got up around 5am as i was driving down to Croatia for the day .. got dressed in the dark , picked up my wallet , keys and passport etc from where i'd left them the night before

drove 2 hours to the Croatian border gave the man my passport and got strange looks ... turns out my Son had swapped his passport with mine at some point during the night so i'd given the Croatian border guard a passport with a bonny baby picture in it ...

had to abort the mission and went the next day instead ..needless to say I still dress in the dark but do a final check downstairs now before I set off for anywhere :-)

Ooh no, can't stand any sudden shocks on dark winter mornings. I have no trouble waking up (as documented in previous threads), but I'll have no truck with cold clothes, cold water or bright lights. I get dressed in the dark, and only have low lights on in the kitchen. No radio or TV either, just silence. Has to be a very gradual process, with minimal discomfort.

Nosferatu%20Max%20Schreck.jpg

Â