Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

:lol:  

It's just the amount of times I've killed people, divided by the number of times I've died - on a video game.

i was calling myself a nerd. 

I swear I didnt know that was a thing, so I guess its a measure of how good you are, like a trade deficit lets say, exports versus imports. Oh **** sake I am old.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I swear I didnt know that was a thing, so I guess its a measure of how good you are, like a trade deficit lets say, exports versus imports. Oh **** sake I am old.

Yes.  The average player (say a normal, but competent gamer) would have a 1 k/d.

Someone who is pretty good at that type of game would go for a 2 k/d.

A person who requires a shit bucket, so they don't have to leave the room for toilet requirements (can't play if you're shitting) will try for a 3 k/d.

A person with a 4 k/d is a laggy word removed, probably from Turkey because they have shit internet, so my bullets don't do **** all and then I launch my shit bucket at my wife/child and tell them to give me 10 mins. 

I guess you'd probably have a -10 k/d because you'd just be spinning on the spot, getting shot in the face. 

Playing a playstation is probably my biggest problem, I think I'm addicted.  I play most nights from 10 until 11.30/12.  I dunno why.  I mean, it's fun, but I shouldn't play as much as I do. I'm 31 and it's pretty sad :lol:  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yes.  The average player (say a normal, but competent gamer) would have a 1 k/d.

Someone who is pretty good at that type of game would go for a 2 k/d.

A person who requires a shit bucket, so they don't have to leave the room for toilet requirements (can't play if you're shitting) will try for a 3 k/d.

A person with a 4 k/d is a laggy word removed, probably from Turkey because they have shit internet, so my bullets don't do **** all and then I launch my shit bucket at my wife/child and tell them to give me 10 mins. 

I guess you'd probably have a -10 k/d because you'd just be spinning on the spot, getting shot in the face. 

Playing a playstation is probably my biggest problem, I think I'm addicted.  I play most nights from 10 until 11.30/12.  I dunno why.  I mean, it's fun, but I shouldn't play as much as I do. I'm 31 and it's pretty sad :lol:  

I would have exactly 1.

I'd get there in a week while @villarule123 and @StefanAVFC were still on 0.1

But then I would stay on 1 forever, while they got out their shit buckets and got to 3

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I would have exactly 1.

I'd get there in a week while @villarule123 and @StefanAVFC were still on 0.1

But then I would stay on 1 forever, while they got out their shit buckets and got to 3

For what it's worth, on BF4 (which Jono had) he got a tune out of a perceived "rubbish" weapon.  So he'd go in at 2.0-2.5 I would think.

I broke my record last night for a "killstreak" (kills without dying @Seat68) - 77 :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, but you died, so you lost.

I've never died on Battlefield 1.

I only died once!! ? 

I've died 16 or 19 THOUSAND times, on ONE Game.

This is why I need to win the lottery, so I don't have to this shit anymore :lol: 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I mean, it's fun, but I shouldn't play as much as I do. I'm 31 and it's pretty sad :lol:  

What age do you think it should be time to pack the Xbox/Playstation away?

I'm 29 now, and it's probably becoming a little sad how much time I spend on the Xbox.

I've gone from my mum telling me to get off the N64 for dinner, to my partner telling me to get off the Xbox One for dinner...

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

What age do you think it should be time to pack the Xbox/Playstation away?

I'm 29 now, and it's probably becoming a little sad how much time I spend on the Xbox.

I've gone from my mum telling me to get off the N64 for dinner, to my partner telling me to get off the Xbox One for dinner...

Games are only going to get better.  I will never stop gaming.  

• Like 2

It's whatever floats your goat.

Personally, computer games and films based on comics leave me stone cold. But I'll happily noodle away all weekend fixing a 30 year old speaker when buying a new one would have been quicker, easier and probably sound better. I'll also go and watch other people kick a ball around a pitch and sing songs at them.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I'll also go and watch other people kick a ball around a pitch and sing songs at them.

I do the same. And then, if they do something I like, I’ll manically put my hands together in rapid motion as to create a sharp, repeating sound. 

Madness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Never. If you like it, do it. 

Theres a snobbery around gaming. Nobody will bat an eyelid if you tell them you watched 10 episodes of Breaking Bad over the weekend. 

But tell them you played a game for 6 hours and they laugh at you. 

**** em.  They're the ones missing out.

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

For what it's worth, on BF4 (which Jono had) he got a tune out of a perceived "rubbish" weapon.  So he'd go in at 2.0-2.5 I would think.

I broke my record last night for a "killstreak" (kills without dying @Seat68) - 77 :lol:  

Don't diss the AK12 ?

• Haha 1

I think that once you get virtually 'killed', that should be it, game over. Software deletes itself from your computer and can't be reinstalled. 

EDIT: Or perhaps, for an even better real world simulation, it transmits an electric shock through your device, and actually kills you. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I used to think I was sad for playing video games but I couldn't give a shit anymore. It keeps me sane having a wife nagging and two kids running around 24/7. I don't understand people's problem with them, story based games are just like watching a movie only YOU are the main character in the movie. If anything it's more pro-active than watching a movie.

I don't think anything in the world other than video games would make @StefanAVFC lose his shit more, and you get to hear it on a headset, so they're great for that too ?

I have started to start playing them less though, due to tiredness. I still think I'll be playing them in 10 years time when I'm 40.

• Haha 2

Â