Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I nearly met Paddy - we tried to meet up before a Villa game once, but managed to miss each other, just spoke on the phone. 

Nice bloke, and a sad loss. 

Does the tribute thread to Paddy still exist? The only ones I can see in the Hall of Fame is a short one discussing how to remember him (the Paddy Trophy) and the the thread for the Trophy itself.

I'm sure there was a length thread for him when he passed.

I managed to give blood without feeling like I was going to pass out! So pleased I'm O Negative so get phone calls sometimes asking me to donate.  Being scared of passing out in the chair I've one done it once before. I think I can do more often now.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I managed to give blood without feeling like I was going to pass out! So pleased I'm O Negative so get phone calls sometimes asking me to donate.  Being scared of passing out in the chair I've one done it once before. I think I can do more often now.

I did it for the first time Wednesday.  I was pleasantly surprised by how many people turned up for the event.  

I'll definitely be doing it again.

• Like 2

Yeah I used to do it for a while then I passed out successively two times in a row, the latter time I nearly face planted the bed, have been told not to bother  at least for a while! Annoying as I really liked the free biscuits.

Pulled my back slightly on Tuesday, then pulled it big time Friday morning. Managed to slowly get through the day, but it was hard. Spent all Friday night watching football. All Saturday football/films. All today football/Columbo. I've tried to do a little bit around the house, but I've mainly been sat watching tv. I'm not going to lie, it's been bloody great. 

On 11/08/2018 at 09:48, lapal_fan said:

I did it for the first time Wednesday.  I was pleasantly surprised by how many people turned up for the event.  

I'll definitely be doing it again.

London must be swimming in blood.

Prompted by the chat in this thread, I've registered this morning and literally can't find anywhere near me that has slots available to book for the next few months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

London must be swimming in blood.

Prompted by the chat in this thread, I've registered this morning and literally can't find anywhere near me that has slots available to book for the next few months.

Yea I booked my next appointment, the closest one is on November 27th! I was quite surprised, considering all the information they give to you says you can donate every 2 weeks. 

But I suppose they know if they kept going to the same places every 2 weeks, it wouldn't be as cost effective. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea I booked my next appointment, the closest one is on November 27th! I was quite surprised, considering all the information they give to you says you can donate every 2 weeks. 

But I suppose they know if they kept going to the same places every 2 weeks, it wouldn't be as cost effective. 

Blood is every 12 weeks I think. Platelets can be more often

Don’t know how many times ive seen it but I still managed to just splurt my dinner over the place just now  watching the Inbetweenwrs where Simon is in Warwick and the sister says Tara you can have my room at least then I’ll know you be having sex somewhere comfortable and he replies with absolutely yes , only in her Vagina 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â