Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

44 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I've driven and walked passed it many times but never been inside.

Looks very "darts stop in mid air as you walk in".

Image result for swallow falls complex hotel

It looks impressive but to me it seems like the kinda place where the girl in room 237 is rather comely to begin with, but once you get to know her she quickly loses her appeal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I look forward to reading @Brumerican confirm that his weekend plans are to chance it and give the pub a try where he’s bound to be given a warm welcome by the regular patrons.

1EF520EE-9F08-4D88-836A-CB048766DF0F.jpeg

Just had a nice chat over a burger about football with a friendly old Scouser. The hotel is quaint and small but nice enough. When I open the window you can hear Swallow Falls through the crisp mountain air  .

Too many low beams though. I've banged my head about 6 times already. 

For a work night it's pretty sweet .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Young Stefan in the background. The people of VT get everywhere.

1EF520EE-9F08-4D88-836A-CB048766DF0F_jpeg_ea6da5c768e1c7b77185eae3957a7e01.jpg

How did this happen? :D

Also, young me?! That bloke is older than me, cheeky bastard :D

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, snowychap said:

This should go in the piss you off thread in my view.

Edit: As they were at work, it counts as a tip, doesn't it? So £2 income tax due?

Unsolicited gift, reckon they've got about £2990 to go before they need to declare and pay tax

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Where's that on the HMRC website?

I have no idea. I do know everyone has a £3k gift allowance per year i.e. everyone can give £3k per year as long as they live for 7 years after the gift. Any tax, however, is paid by the receiver of the gift (yes thats effing stupid)

I would imagine its somewhere in the inheritance tax section

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I have no idea. I do know everyone has a £3k gift allowance per year i.e. everyone can give £3k per year as long as they live for 7 years after the gift. Any tax, however, is paid by the receiver of the gift (yes thats effing stupid)

I would imagine its somewhere in the inheritance tax section

I know about the annual exemption for gifts of £3k but I don't think this would come under that, though (a number of reasons not least small gifts of up to £250).

If it were to be the case then other than where someone asked for a gratuity all tips would be unsolicited gifts, wouldn't they?

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I know about the annual exemption for gifts of £3k but I don't think this would come under that, though (a number of reasons not least small gifts of up to £250).

If it were to be the case then other than where someone asked for a gratuity all tips would be unsolicited gifts, wouldn't they?

nope, the Ambulance Crew are not engaged in any activity at the behest of the gifter. This is most definitely a gift imo. There is no contract between the two parties

Â