Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

23 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Update:  It went really well.  Went on the train and then a bus and then to mcdonalds (Happy meal with toy) and then walked to the cinema,  I suppose if you are 3.5 years old even alll this is a bit of an adventure.  She was so excited when we walked into the Cinema as it is a new (Big) one.

It was 40 % full but she wanted to sit on the front row (she was thinking ahead,  you will see why).

So,  we watch the first bit of Frozen,  so far so good. Then we get to the "Let it go" song........

The area in front of the screen was really big,  she proceeded to (In full Process outfit) do the whole danse across the width of the screen,  she is too small to actually be in the way.  She did the singing and dancing in perfect time to the film and the audience watched her with open mouths to be honest,  she is really good at it if I can try and be unbiased.  The song finished, she turned around and at the top of her voice "Opa,  can you put that bit on again please" .  The whole cinema it seems was watching her an not the film.  Everyone was laughing in a good way,  she has Zero shyness as she was dancing around in the waiting bit.   

It was brilliant,  one of the best things I have done.  I took her home 20 mins from the end becasue she wanted to explore and was getting a bit tired (ie go up the stairs and that) but no matter,  she knows it inside out.

You should have filmed it, and play it at her wedding! :)

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Kill you.

Holland is a little more relaxed than that in reality,  they would have probably said nothing.  It really is different to the UK,  little-Job-worths are very hard to find here,  in fact I cant think of any apart from the coffee shops but that is just the age / identification thing(And rightly so).  

Example: My neighbour stopped a parking warden putting a ticket on my car a few months ago and told her not to come back to our road as we live in the (seaside) town so leave us the **** alone,  not seen any of them since on my road.  In the UK I suspect that would have had the opposite effect or even calling the Police etc.  

(Pretty cool neighbour though as she had already got her book out so nice thing to do )

• Like 1

mundane wiki alterations. Just browsing on an academic author who's book I'm reading. The pointlessly sly alteration that is inoffensive but still amuses me for some reason. 

He has two daughters, Susie and Lisa, and three grandchildren, Laura, Tomas and Maya. He often frequents Dave's Store in the basement of the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University for a light mid-day snack. Notably, he purchased a Kit Kat as recently as Monday, September 19th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Mintzberg 

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

a couple of weeks ago some absolute div made a noise complaint to the council about my local footy league team

less than 200 fans, one home game a fortnight, been at the same ground for over 100 years and we finally get a noise complaint

council have advised us that they will be monitoring, possible outcome if found guilty could be a fine

people have realised the possible PR opportunity we have here - '114 year old football club have overly noisy fans'

for tomorrow's game:

CtmB4CDWcAAFC3e.jpg

CtnoWhxXYAA_MEA.jpg

I'm not a giant fan of drums at football, but hey, if it upsets captain dickhead at number 42....

In all seriousness, you need to establish what is the council's pass/fail criteria and applicable regulation in regard to:

1. The maximum sound level permitted.
  2. The time duration the maximum sound level must not be exceeded.
  3. The distance and position the sound is to be measured at.
  4. The exact regulation and law that is being applied and why it is applicable.

Unless you are made aware of all the above, ask the council how the football club can be expected to know how to avoid being 'guilty'. Without knowing exactly why the club is 'guilty', the club can't be fined.

• Like 1

On the one hand, we really really aren't too bothered, I can't believe they can possibly uphold the complaint. There must be 30 or 40 of us that actually have a shout and a sing and we are so PC it's sad. There's not a swear word a hint of violence, no racism. It's as thought the Guardian and the Methodist Church got together and formed a choir.

On the other hand, we are aware of a lot of music venues that have recently had flats built in the proximity, people move in to the flats and complain about noise and get closure threats. So we'll be checking out where we stand - via social media faux outrage and alarm!

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people hate football and would go to that length to complain about a small group of people getting together and enjoying a match.  My local football team keep getting their ground application turned down because of the noise possibly spooking the horses in the estate half a mile away.  The fact that there is a dump and a park and ride on the opposite side of the road doesn't seem to count towards noise pollution, but refs whistling and a group of hardy locals singing some random Beatles tunes with the words changed is over the top.

15 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Sorted me some nice new pictures to hang up in my new flat. :) Still got some more stuff to get framed, which I think is going to look sweet!

14568143_10154613985733593_3333140447831

Nice. :thumb:

Source?

• Like 1

Â