Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Apples are **** pointless. You have to be a special kind of word removed to look forward to apples. Not like the banana, the banana is king of the fruits. 

I love juicy pineapple too and eat my fair share of berries. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and zzzzzzz.... 

I probs only eat one piece a day on average. I would eat more but don't see the health benefit beyond that and I like to avoid sugar wherever possible. 

Yes, to the boring thread. 

Got the keys to my new gaff yesterday. All big stuff moved, and not much else to get from the old. The best thing is, the BT Openreach dude turned up when they said he would, and my broadband was working minutes after he left. Sweeeeet!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Got the keys to my new gaff yesterday. All big stuff moved, and not much else to get from the old. The best thing is, the BT Openreach dude turned up when they said he would, and my broadband was working minutes after he left. Sweeeeet!  

When is the housewarming party?

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Now I'll preface this by saying I'm no music snob - each to their own and all that but......

As I'm opening up my latest delivery of new music in the office today, "Essex bloke" starts taking the pee out of my selections (nothing obscure, just some old soul albums). When I enquire as to what he is listening to these days he proudly informs me "At the moment, in the car I've got Hooked on Classics and a best of Coldplay compilation". 

I made no further comment but smiled a wee smile to myself.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, choffer said:

Now I'll preface this by saying I'm no music snob - each to their own and all that but......

As I'm opening up my latest delivery of new music in the office today, "Essex bloke" starts taking the pee out of my selections (nothing obscure, just some old soul albums). When I enquire as to what he is listening to these days he proudly informs me "At the moment, in the car I've got Hooked on Classics and a best of Coldplay compilation". 

How did you make your urethra smile?

12 hours ago, choffer said:

I'm still yet to see the point of Coldplay, middle of the road shit.

“This is a beautiful day… It is a new day… We are together, we are unified… and all in accord… Because together we got power…

....Today on this program you will hear gospel, and rhythm and blues, and jazz. All those are just labels. We know that music is music”

wattstax-1973-jesse-jackson-pic-1.jpg

The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Very calm and polite, but very satisfying phonecall to Axa car insurance.

The insurance is due up and in short, the quote has almost doubled for no reason and I've been sent a mail saying it will auto renew. Their glitchy website won't let me cancel an auto renewal.

Explained on the phone that I wasn't renewing due to the cost doubling. They asked me what my alternative quote was, I told them. A minute later they are back off hold and willing to match my alternative quote.

I told them that was very kind, but insurance was based on trust and it didn't sound like they'd truly been looking out for my best interests with a doubled premium on auto renew and no straightforward way of cancelling. Fair play to the perfectly nice guy on the other end of the call, he actually said 'I can see how it looks'.

I had almost the exact same call and circumstances with e-sure last week.

What had bugged me was they e mailed me the cost for my auto renewal, and I then did an internet search for other quotes, and the e-sure quote that came up through the search was loads less.

Moved it elsewhere, got RAC included, and still saved money.

Called them up, cancel auto-renewal please.... Why, have you got a better quote...then the same explanation as yours, @chrisp65

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You have to be a special kind of word removed to look forward to apples

I have a thing for English apples. I don't buy any of those foreign muck types, but some of the English apples are fantastic. If not the King of fruits, they are at least Princes. Also the story of English apple growing, developing new varieties and failing to patent (yes!) them is fascinating. English Apples are brilliant and I won't have a word said against them, you scoundrel :angry:

Â