Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ooh, which ones? I wonder if all Sainsburys are doing it? 

Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs. I always have a look in the CD section at my local store, every now and again. I often find a gem. I've picked up some Lou Reed, CCR, Gil Scott-Heron, and some really good Reggae comps in the past 12 months or so. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They are selling 5 Cash albums at sainsburys for 3 quid I think, not each. 5 albums. 

They had a best of, which was £3 I think. Will have to check back, next time I'm in.

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

They had a best of, which was £3 I think. Will have to check back, next time I'm in.

Yeah, only glanced at it but thought it was the first 5 Studio albums. Saw hot and blue guitar and quickly looked at the other titles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They are selling 5 Cash albums at sainsburys for 3 quid I think, not each. 5 albums. 

13 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

They had a best of

what, just 'Ring of Fire' over and over again?

giphy-3.gif

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs. I always have a look in the CD section at my local store, every now and again. I often find a gem. I've picked up some Lou Reed, CCR, Gil Scott-Heron, and some really good Reggae comps in the past 12 months or so. 

Damnit, we're off on holiday tomorrow, won't have time to check out my local Sainsburys. I have all the Asylum Waits albums, I need to start getting the Island ones. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Damnit, we're off on holiday tomorrow, won't have time to check out my local Sainsburys. I have all the Asylum Waits albums, I need to start getting the Island ones. 

Where would one start with waits?

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Where would one start with waits?

Knowing your tastes, definitely at the very beginning - his debut 'Closing Time' was quite country-tinged. As you work your way through the albums chronologically, he gets more into blues and jazz, and ultimately quite avant-garde. 

• Like 2

Sun is shining. Roald Dahl street theatre events. Nationalists Independence Rally. Animatronics. Freshers week. Buskers.

All happening at the same time in the centre of town.

It's like someone dropped something in my coffee before I set out this morning.

• Like 1

Csle9JlXYAEh5cg.jpg

Csk3bdVWEAADvsd.jpg

Csf-zeKW8AARhaC.jpg

Yesterday started with the Wickerman Harvest Festival where we all praised the giant peach.

Ended up nice n quiet on the beach once the tourists had all buggered off home.

We didn't have a 'summer holiday' this year. We haven't been away any distance. We spent a **** ton of cash doing all the local events and daytrips and coffee shops and having weekends properly off.

I think it worked out ok.

• Like 2

The fact you can now buy paint brushes so cheap they are throw away items. Bought a whole pack for about £3 from screwfix.  Used one a few weeks ago to apply wood preserver to a load of trellising and another just now to paint a wooden battern. 

Once finished no hours of cleaning in stinky terps,  just chuck them straight in the bin. 

Brilliant 

Edited by sidcow

Â