Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Yep, makes eating vegetables an entirely different experience all together. I’m not a big veggie eater, but roasted or sauteed with proper seasoning I don’t mind them at all.

before the parsnip references get lost to the ether if anyone's a bit bored of roasting them or making soup or whatever  and isn't averse to cooking with microwaves - try grating them sticking them in a bowl with some butter, salt and pepper, and some more butter. Stick a lid on it and chuck it in the microwave for between 10-15 mins. Stop once half way to stir and check it aint burning (and why not add some more butter!). And cook it till it's soft and buttery basically.

A lovely lady I used to work in a kitchen with back in the day taught me that one and it's pretty much all I use the microwave for these days apart from heating up my cup of coffee. Handy when doing a roast when you're stuck for oven space too if you're feeding an army :thumb:

If you don't like a nuke then you can stick it in the oven but then if you can do that you'd be roasting them right and I'm guessing it will take a bit longer.

Much tastier than mash imo.

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Also the sense of inner smugness when you're reading a thread about lettuce while eating some you grew yourself

th?id=OIP.eFUTCsnkzIMXzxAJZFoCzwHaEV%26p

Now, now....no need to be a gloating smeghead ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coda said:

Those kids missing in the Thai cave for nine days. Found alive!

But they're now saying they've either got to teach them how to dive (and then try and navigate them through some difficult diving areas) or wait out the flooding which may be a couple of months. :o

14 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

before the parsnip references get lost to the ether if anyone's a bit bored of roasting them or making soup or whatever  and isn't averse to cooking with microwaves - try grating them sticking them in a bowl with some butter, salt and pepper, and some more butter. Stick a lid on it and chuck it in the microwave for between 10-15 mins. Stop once half way to stir and check it aint burning (and why not add some more butter!). And cook it till it's soft and buttery basically.

A lovely lady I used to work in a kitchen with back in the day taught me that one and it's pretty much all I use the microwave for these days apart from heating up my cup of coffee. Handy when doing a roast when you're stuck for oven space too if you're feeding an army :thumb:

If you don't like a nuke then you can stick it in the oven but then if you can do that you'd be roasting them right and I'm guessing it will take a bit longer.

Much tastier than mash imo.

I've got a similar, but better recipe:   Do everything as in yours, but put a brick in the bowl with the parsnips and everything else.   When it's done, throw away the parsnips and eat the brick.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I've got a similar, but better recipe:   Do everything as in yours, but put a brick in the bowl with the parsnips and everything else.   When it's done, throw away the parsnips and eat the brick.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For some years I've enjoyed motivational speakers, not all of them, some are trash.

Same goes for philosophy.

The right motivational talker can really help me focus that discipline required to actualise my pursuits, especially creative.

Then I am going to say any form of artistic endeavour of merit (and by that I mean basically, anything done well).

Any showing of compassion, little or large.

I'll come back to this thread for sure, great idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The weirdest thing is that they’re protesting for something that they’ve already got. 

Oh I dunno, I somehow suspect he may still very much be in debt in any real justice stakes.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

For some years I've enjoyed motivational speakers, not all of them, some are trash.

Same goes for philosophy.

The right motivational talker can really help me focus that discipline required to actualise my pursuits, especially creative.

Then I am going to say any form of artistic endeavour of merit (and by that I mean basically, anything done well).

Any showing of compassion, little or large.

I'll come back to this thread for sure, great idea.

kermit GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â