Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Reviews would be amongst my room 101 entries  

I posted it on here the other year about how I spent  an hour reading reviews on Amazon for socks before I pushed the button and bought some … then did the same again to buy some boxer shorts … 

go back to the good old days where you picked a pair of socks and then spent 59 mins 30 seconds  looking at the lingerie models in your  Freemans catalogue 

Kays catalogue in our house.

You suddenly realised you’d got to an age where you didn’t flick straight to the toys.

Although these days, even toys gas taken on a different meaning.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I liked the way he was 'oh, OK, thanks' about the $1000, but went crazy about the match ticket. 

I have suspicions. Seemed way to unsurprised or suspicious about someone just handing over $1k cash, like it's an everyday occurrence. 

Call me cynical. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have suspicions. Seemed way to unsurprised or suspicious about someone just handing over $1k cash, like it's an everyday occurrence. 

Call me cynical. 

He has 8m followers and is " famous" for these videos that he's been doing for a couple of years 

could just be he's quite clever at marketing , his video goes viral , he gets news all around the world and will no doubt get revenue from social media platforms , exposure for his company  etc as a result 

or , he could just be a nice bloke , doing good deeds out the goodness of his heart but just happens to video them and share them with people on the internet to promote mental health and awareness 

Edited by tonyh29

On 11/02/2023 at 22:42, tonyh29 said:

Reviews would be amongst my room 101 entries  

I posted it on here the other year about how I spent  an hour reading reviews on Amazon for socks before I pushed the button and bought some … then did the same again to buy some boxer shorts … 

go back to the good old days where you picked a pair of socks and then spent 59 mins 30 seconds  looking at the lingerie models in your  Freemans catalogue 

Holidays too. Booking a hotel based on 2 grainy pictures in a brochure. Talk about leap of faith.

Just now, Genie said:

Holidays too. Booking a hotel based on 2 grainy pictures in a brochure. Talk about leap of faith.

yeah ... I think you just worked on the basis that you kinda trusted  Thomas Cook , whereas now days you have to  filter out the ramblings of some nutter writing a review on the internet

I gave this hotel 1 star because when I went to a market stall 8 miles way someone short changed me and the hotel should have warned me 

we checked out early as they only had Brazilian  coffee in the restaurant and we only drink Colombian coffee 

bring back the 2 grainy pictures 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Call me cynical. 

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He has 8m followers and is " famous" for these videos that he's been doing for a couple of years 

could just be he's quite clever at marketing , his video goes viral , he gets news all around the world and will no doubt get revenue from social media platforms , exposure for his company  etc as a result 

or , he could just be a nice bloke , doing good deeds out the goodness of his heart but just happens to video them and share them with people on the internet to promote mental health and awareness 

Yeah he's done loads of similar videos. He's a bit like Mr Beast in that he invests the money he makes from social media into making more content by gifting it to people. 

But his videos have always seemed pretty genuine to me. Plenty of people cry or try to refuse the money or give it to somebody else. They're pretty heartwarming

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The missus and I were talking about that very thing the other day. A gite in the middle of nowhere in southern France. No car, no maps, just an adddess - and off we went on trains and buses. Found it pretty much by fluke. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

...A gite in the middle of nowhere in southern France. ... off we went on trains and buses. Found it pretty much by fluke. 

Had you quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at the UK ... we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The missus and I were talking about that very thing the other day. A gite in the middle of nowhere in southern France. No car, no maps, just an adddess - and off we went on trains and buses. Found it pretty much by fluke. 

Brittany Ferries brochure. About three pictures of a gite then off we bombed down to Portsmouth with nothing but a french road map from WH Smiths.

• Like 1

There is a island,just off the coast of WA called Rottnest and there are no cars allowed on the island.They have one buss and thats it for transport,except that you can hire pushbikes.Very quiet and peacefull and also the home of Quakkas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is a island,just off the coast of WA called Rottnest and there are no cars allowed on the island.They have one buss and thats it for transport,except that you can hire pushbikes.Very quiet and peacefull and also the home of Quakkas.

Sounds like Centre Parcs

Â