Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So the point is you found three posts that agree with your view on Clark?

I think you are wrong by the way, Elphick is a far superior defender to Clark and I don't see that changing.

No, they are 3 posters who didn't agree which I didn't get the chance to reply to.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After four or five games, Elphick looks a better player, but we're mostly judging Elphick for his performances against Championship clubs (and after only a few games) and Clarke's against Premier and international teams. I don't think it's that much of an outrageous opinion to rate Clarke as the better player, at this moment in time. But going by the evidence so far, I wouldn't swap.

14 hours ago, Michael118 said:

The point is the same one I made in the transfer speculation thread that Clark will end up being a better purchase than Elphick. I am simply replying to the posts I didn't get a chance to a few nights ago.

You cannot be serious? Elphick looks 10x better than clark. I remember when clark captained us was like timmy mallett was leading us. Elphick is s different class

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You cannot be serious? Elphick looks 10x better than clark. I remember when clark captained us was like timmy mallett was leading us. Elphick is s different class

:crylaugh:I have a new signature.

13 hours ago, useless said:

After four or five games, Elphick looks a better player, but we're mostly judging Elphick for his performances against Championship clubs (and after only a few games) and Clarke's against Premier and international teams. I don't think it's that much of an outrageous opinion to rate Clarke as the better player, at this moment in time. But going by the evidence so far, I wouldn't swap.

To my knowledge, we've never had a Premier League regular called "Clarke".

Ciaran Clark or Ciaran Clarke as I like to call him when making it difficult for artificial intelligences to scan me. See also other spelling mistakes (not always on purpose of course )and the use of both US and British spellings of English words.

• 3 weeks later...

he might be poor but I dont think anybody would be surprised by his comments which sounds like a dig at some of our former managers

He [Benitez] was a massive reason why I joined,” Clark told The Times.

“That and the other players who have signed.

“I feel like I’m learning already.

“Every time you step on to the training pitch, he tries to improve you as a team and an individual.

“That’s something I haven’t had much of over the last few years.

“He picks up on everything, every little detail.”

Well I am sure everyone of our previous managers and coaches tried to at the very least teach him the basics....but alas he couldn't even do them. Simple things like don't head the ball in your own net, don't dive in the box, don't commit yourself when you are the last man, don't dive in on the half way line...

• Like 2

On 5 September 2016 at 19:48, rodders0223 said:

Well I am sure everyone of our previous managers and coaches tried to at the very least teach him the basics....but alas he couldn't even do them. Simple things like don't head the ball in your own net, don't dive in the box, don't commit yourself when you are the last man, don't dive in on the half way line...

Don't get to tight to players much stronger than you, don't lose your man on crosses because you are too busy ball watching, don't switch off after 85 mins....

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Don't get to tight to players much stronger than you, don't lose your man on crosses because you are too busy ball watching, don't switch off after 85 mins....

I remember Victor Anchiebe absolutely destroying him one game when he was doing this. **** Anchiebe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It's actually infuriating that a player who played in the PL for so long didn't learn from and improve on the first two points.

I play fullback at Sunday League standard, and am furious with myself if I make an error as obvious as the first two, however he continued doing both season after season. I'm glad we kept Baker as he's stronger and not afraid to stick his head in where it hurts.

I don't think it's a dig - he's just saying Benitez is a top coach and you can tell this because of what he does on the training ground, compared to how other managers' have worked with Clark in the past.

When players come to us and say things such as "you can tell it's such a big club", do you assume they're having a dig at where they were before? :|

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:46, Zatman said:

He picks up on everything, every little detail

With Kieran Clarke* I'd say the little details are everything. Terrible player.

*He's a toon train wreck now so it's time to disrepect him.

Edited by villa89

On 9/9/2016 at 07:52, villa89 said:

With Kieran Clarke* I'd say the little details are everything. Terrible player.

*He's a toon train wreck now so it's time to disrepect him.

Doing alright for Newcastle tonight. Some players just do better when they leave us.

• Like 1

Â