Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand 5 years.  I mean he has had what two good games in 5 years here so I guess they have given him that long in order to get a good game out of him.  Mental.  Truly mental

• Like 2

‘HAPPY TO BE HERE’

Ciaran Clark has signed a five-year deal at St James’ Park.

The 26-year-old has joined for an undisclosed fee and is clearly relishing the challenge ahead at Newcastle.

"Newcastle is a massive club so I'm really happy to be here," said Clark.

"Importantly, it is a club that is moving in the right direction and pushing for the right things, so I'm really excited to now be a part of that.

"Things seem to have progressed really quickly over the last few days but I'm delighted to have got it all done and be a part of this squad."

Is that a dig at the club?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10521446/newcastle-sign-defender-ciaran-clark-from-aston-villa

Edited by mattyg38
Added link

5 minutes ago, mattyg38 said:

Is that a dig at the club?

Possibly.  Although they've just been relegated so it's another curious lack of judgement from him.  Not to mention just signed a pretty poor defender.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Possibly.  Although they've just been relegated so it's another curious lack of judgement from him.  Not to mention just signed a pretty poor defender.

Not as much as that tweet he did about Newcastle being such a lovely place, no doubt deleted now

Just now, LancsVillan said:

Not as much as that tweet he did about Newcastle being such a lovely place, no doubt deleted now

Ooh, what was that?

9 hours ago, JPAngel said:

It was the end of 2014 because Lambert was still in charge and wasn't it Vlaar that he brought back in ahead of Clark? Either way, Clark has done sweet FA for at least 20 months soo.... :wave:

Yep, so it's been about a year and a half.

You're right it was Vlaar who came back and he was our best CB who I rated highly but I remember thinking he needs to stick with Clark and Okore considering the form they were in and that they were just breaking out. It would have been a show of confidence in them which would have been invaluable to their development.

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

Something about it being a real toilet of a place and deader than his gran, who died in 2004

1338041441713008044.gif

That'll re-surface in 10 ... 9 ... 8 ... :) 

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

5 years?? :crylaugh:They are mental Cheers skunks :thumb:

He can now go to off topic thank god. Cant believe we found someone crazy enough to pay 5m for him

Agreed - 5 years???? Madness!!!!!!

Given his tweet about Newcastle moving in the right direction, it would be hilarious if we got promoted and they didn't. Mind you that would be hilarious anyway! :-) Good luck Clark, you are going to need it.

Edited by TheStagMan

Â