Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Just now, Michael118 said:

Yep, so it's been about a year and a half.

You're right it was Vlaar who came back and he was our best CB who I rated highly but I remember thinking he has to stick with Clark and Okore considering the form they were in and that they were just breaking out. 

I think you're right. They did do well for that 5 game stretch and it was a little unfair to chuck Vlaar straight back in ahead of Clark.

Having said that, it's more fair to judge him on the other 155 games he played for us though and he was just sadly not up to scratch.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHAHAHA this has made my day. Thought we'd be stuck with him, especially after his euro adventure.

We must have someone new in the outgoing transfer department. We're shifting the dross out rightly with no questions asked!

7 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I think you're right. They did do well for that 5 game stretch and it was a little unfair to chuck Vlaar straight back in ahead of Clark.

Having said that, it's more fair to judge him on the other 155 games he played for us though and he was just sadly not up to scratch.

Well, I saw an emerging Clark during that period who never fully emerged because he wasn't backed in at a crucial time.

He has looked out of sorts since then and the conclusion I come to is he's a player who is unsure of where he stands and is still finding his feet.

24hrs is a long time in football, yesterday i was of the opinion that Newcastle would win the Championship at a canter, today.....

I still don't understand this. We had one of the worst defenses the Premier League has ever seen last year, and he barely got a game, and no one was really calling for him to play either. 

Strange signing. Has a wiff of 'arry Redknapp about it to be honest.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

For no reason other than to have it here, he played 18 league games last season + 3 FA Cup and 2 League Cup.

I'm quite shocked he played that much to be honest. Certainly don't remember him playing that much. 

Edited by PieFacE

Anyone else think the geordies have signed the wrong player?

All these attributes he supposedly has I cant remember...Leader....Left back.....Holding midfielder...

Theres going to be some head scratching going on at Ant and Decs next bbq!

1 hour ago, Duck said:

AHAHAHAHAHA this has made my day. Thought we'd be stuck with him, especially after his euro adventure.

We must have someone new in the outgoing transfer department. We're shifting the dross out rightly with no questions asked!

We've sold four players and released two. Two of those sold were either a guaranteed starter (Gueye) or in and around the first team squad (Clark), and both were sold against our will as a result of release clauses being activated. The vast, vast majority of our garbage remains firmly in place. 

Â