Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always amazes me how people misspell his name. Virtually every other Clark in the world doesn't have an "E" why should Clarkz?

Most Irish people with that surname end it in an 'e'

Thanks for the explanation.

That probably causes the error. Most English Clark's don't have the 'e', including Clark's family - although Clark is actually Irish on his dad's side.

It always amazes me how people misspell his name. Virtually every other Clark in the world doesn't have an "E" why should Clarkz?

Most Irish people with that surname end it in an 'e'

Thanks for the explanation.

That probably causes the error. Most English Clark's don't have the 'e', including Clark's family - although Clark is actually Irish on his dad's side.

Yeah that actually makes it more confusing :)

To be fair I've heard of quite a few "Clarke"s although there really is no excuse for people still getting his name wrong - he's been in and around the first team for a good 3 and a half years now. :lol:

Edited by Mantis

Every game always does something stupid, will be pleased when Okore partners Vlaar.

I think that's a bit unfair. He's been solid this season and cut out a lot of mistakes. 

The first goal was more down to the quality of the attack than than a mistake from Clark. 

• Like 1

Every game always does something stupid, will be pleased when Okore partners Vlaar.

I think that's a bit unfair. He's been solid this season and cut out a lot of mistakes. 

The first goal was more down to the quality of the attack than than a mistake from Clark. 

He really hasnt been solid, he's been better.

He also brought down Suarez on the edge of the box that was luckliy waved away

CB is where our best quality is at the moment. Clark's more than doing his bit. Okore brings with him good competition, and most of all much needed depth.
Wait to the three of them are playing together. Cant wait. Also let bacuna and berty up the pitch alot more. Edited by HeyAnty

• 2 weeks later...

Wish he would pass it. Really likes a hoof

Yeah, I don't get why he does, he's actually pretty good with the ball. I think maybe some of the mistakes he made last season, where he occasionally tried to be a little too clever and got the ball nicked off him (like vs. City) -- I think those experiences have left him a little gun shy this season. He's in "safety first" mode a little too much. You can really see how hard he's worked to cut stupid errors our of his game. It's a pendulum, hopefully, and we'll see him swing back the other way a bit and start adding that technical side back to his game, little by little, as he gets more confident in his defensive abilities.

Hopefully, the pendulum won't swing too far back the other way, not so far that he goes back to the silly mistakes. But I'm very pleased with his progress this season. He wasn't great today but still so much improved from last season.

• Like 2

Wish he would pass it. Really likes a hoof

Yeah, I don't get why he does, he's actually pretty good with the ball. I think maybe some of the mistakes he made last season, where he occasionally tried to be a little too clever and got the ball nicked off him (like vs. City) -- I think those experiences have left him a little gun shy this season. He's in "safety first" mode a little too much. You can really see how hard he's worked to cut stupid errors our of his game. It's a pendulum, hopefully, and we'll see him swing back the other way a bit and start adding that technical side back to his game, little by little, as he gets more confident in his defensive abilities.

Hopefully, the pendulum won't swing too far back the other way, not so far that he goes back to the silly mistakes. But I'm very pleased with his progress this season. He wasn't great today but still so much improved from last season.

This is why I'm not worried about his long term abilities with the ball. He has the technical skills which are harder to acquire, he just needs the confidence (and the midfield options) to keep the ball on the ground. I know he's 24 already, but cbs frequently peak later and I expect him to start translate his passing abilities into games at some point.

Â