Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

HeyAnty, your opinion just got some more beef behind it!

Very good game by Clark. He'll be depended on heavily in the next few weeks (?) now that Vlaar's injured.

U know what the best thing Clark did last night. Osvaldo was being a right ass when weinman done the tackle on shaw 93rd min. He was then running backwards up the pitch and Clark clattered into the back of him. Put a bit of manners in him. Shows it has matured and will be a leader. Take no shit, way it should be

I can't find this incident. Can anyone help?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he got a lot of stick after the Everton game last season, when he was too close to Anichebe and was outmuscled by him. A lot of opinions that this was due to the lack of experience etc. West Brom - Man City on wednesday: Demichelis did EXACTLY the same and Anichebe of course scored :)

he got a lot of stick after the Everton game last season, when he was too close to Anichebe and was outmuscled by him. A lot of opinions that this was due to the lack of experience etc. West Brom - Man City on wednesday: Demichelis did EXACTLY the same and Anichebe of course scored :)

Saw that, thought the same.

Yeah Clark was very good today again. People worry about loosing Bentekke to one of the top 5. Im starting to worry we might have to fight to hold on to clark. Was at the game today and you notice he has that bit of class about him. Balance/composure

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Clark played well again today. Only minus was that when he was played as LB the center was exposed badly. Baker and Herd just couldn't cope with the responsibility. Not enough size or brains.

If only we had either Vlaar or Okore back...

If we had both of them back, I'd play Clark as left back. Lowton - Okore - Vlaar - Clark. Our defense would be very strong I think.

• Like 2

He's doing well. Happy to be proved wrong as he looked an utter car crash at CB this time last year (worth noting given how much Baker is struggling right now).

He's done very well alongside Vlaar, that partnership was starting to look rock solid but probably not quite ready to be the senior man in the defence seeing as he's only been a regular there for 18 months.

He's doing well. Happy to be proved wrong as he looked an utter car crash at CB this time last year (worth noting given how much Baker is struggling right now).

He's done very well alongside Vlaar, that partnership was starting to look rock solid but probably not quite ready to be the senior man in the defence seeing as he's only been a regular there for 18 months.

agree he needs to play with okore/vlaar. 

hes been pretty consistent this season unlike baker

I think he's looked average at best and shouldn't be in the first XI but currently we have no other options. Maybe he's looked good to you guys because the others around him like Baker and Luna have been awful at times

• Like 1

Overall I think he has done OK this season. He is 24 now though and has been in/around the first team for over 4 years yet he still at times looks totally lost when not alongside a more experienced centre back.

As with many of our players I can't fault the lads effort as he never gives less than 100%. However if we are ever to amount to any more than mid to lower table fodder then we are going to need better than Clark as one of our main centre backs.

Edited by markavfc40

Â