Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I **** hate it when the Holte shout "shoooot"

9 times out of 10 it's in a position when you should never shoot i.e. on your wrong foot, 45 yards away, near the touch line :lol:

I think Vlaar is the only person who frequently gives in to peer pressure :lol:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the moment in the build up to Kozak's goal where the ball came out to Clark on the edge of the area, the whole of the Holte went "Shooooooot"... Clark took a touch, had some composure and just slotted it out to Tonev who then crossed it in. So many players would have just wacked that. The lad is maturing.

Yeah at the time I was thinking please don't shoot!!!

And I was thinking: SHOOT man SHOOT already! :)

I was shouting shoot myself. 1-0 up and buzzing, lots of people forward I didn't want him to fluff up a pass, rather he hoofed it into row Z and gave us chance to get back. I don't remember him being that bad against Everton tbh but maybe that's just me, I really like the guy and see him as our best CB currently, he needs to do a bit more talking and commanding IMO comes across as our most intelligent CB by far which is a real asset. I don't think he should switch to midfield I think he's plenty good enough for defense and switching is needless, I see him as a solid LB option against some teams too, when we don't need pace down the flank

really hope the guy makes it I'm a big fan

Am I the only one that would like to see him spend his entire career with us?

No, there's me as well!

I have always liked him, and was really disappointed when his form dipped rather badly.

I just feel that he has a bit of presence about him, and hopefully he will now go from strength to strength.

Been impressed this year. Still think baker is the better cb and will be the better CV.

I like both of them. They are very different, but for me Clark just has a little something extra.

Would be nice to think that they would both become good enough to eventually be our centre back pairing for years to come.

I like both of them. They are very different, but for me Clark just has a little something extra.

Would be nice to think that they would both become good enough to eventually be our centre back pairing for years to come.

That's the hope. In terms of style and attributes they are the perfect centre back pairing. The cultured Rio-Ferdinand type in Clark who can play a bit and the bulldog bruiser-Vidic type in Baker who'll stick his head in anywhere. The progress they've both made (particularly Clark) in the last year gives me some encouragement that it could still happen. Although Okore might have something to say about that until he's nicked by Chelsea or someone like that.

Been impressed this year. Still think baker is the better cb and will be the better CV.

as mentioned they have both impressed me but are very different.

Baker is in the mould of getting his head on everything and injurying anything in sight including himself :P while Clark is the more composed footballer of the 2 and probably more in the Vlaar mould at the moment.

along with Okore its good to think the future of our defence is looking good and dont think anybody including myself would have said this around Christmas last year when they were thrown in together

I think there was genuine substance to the stories about Vlaars place being under threat after the signing of Okore. A real shame that we've seen so little of him due to injury.

I think Clark this season, is the player we all hoped he'd become. While Bakers emergence has certainly caused him to concentrate on his game more.

Big fan of the pair of them, just a shame they are both lefties.

• 2 weeks later...

We're very unbalanced with Clark out left. He's definitely not a left back. With him there and Bacuna on the right, everything goes down our right or through the middle. It's like we play 3-4-3 with Bacuna the 4th man in midfield as a roving winger. As I say, unbalanced. As soon as we get Luna back on the left and Clark in the centre I'll be over the ... moon (sorry).

I think last season I was definitely more of a Baker fan than Clark.

This season that has clearly reversed, Baker is starting to look quite clumsy whereas Clark looks meaner and more assured. As with others think we can put both down to the vagaries of form that come at this age.

I actually think he's done better than I expected at LB the last couple of games, clearly it doesn't suit him but I've seen him play much much worse there in years gone by. I winced when I first saw us put him there but he hasn't let anyone down.

Â