Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Another good performance today. Turning in to a very good defender. His reading of the game one time in the first half today, when he stepped up to play off side from a ball over the top shows that he is maturing into what we expected 2-3 years back. Been our best player all season.

Not sure if I agree he's been our best player all season, but I'm happy to read he is respected. Fair play HeyAnty.
Who u think is our best player is thus far, it has to be a defender with the clean sheets we are keeping surely?
Like Stefan said, Vlaar has been a rock. Ciaran has been one of our best players, that I would agree with. Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was quality tonight.

No longer a player with just potential, been one of our best players this year. Got a great footballing brain and doesn't mind getting stuck in.

Loved it when he gave that bell end Osvaldo a bump too!  :D

• Like 1

Really impressed with him. Young players need time to learn from their mistakes, he's done that.

I thought he wouldn't make it here after last year but he's proved me wrong and been one of our best players so far. I think Clark could be a good lesson for many of us not judge young players too quickly.

It's worth noting that Villa are down to the third and fourth choice center backs at this point and still will probably be decent defensively. Why? It's probably the deepest position in the squad in terms of quality as okore, vlaar and Clark are all starter caliber, and baker isn't horrible as cover.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say again for the record that Clark's been outstanding this season, and I'm overjoyed to see the improvement in him since last year. He had a big job to step into last year, being captain at such a young age and leading this struggling side through a relegation battle, and he's matured so much as a result of that experience. It shows all over in his performances this year. I wrote him off and I was wrong. Well done, Ciaran.

• Like 1

of that academy crop, ciaran was always the leader and the wise head...

great player who's developing nicely into a quality premier league defender...

nice game again last night - good work fella!!!

HeyAnty, your opinion just got some more beef behind it!

Very good game by Clark. He'll be depended on heavily in the next few weeks (?) now that Vlaar's injured.

U know what the best thing Clark did last night. Osvaldo was being a right ass when weinman done the tackle on shaw 93rd min. He was then running backwards up the pitch and Clark clattered into the back of him. Put a bit of manners in him. Shows it has matured and will be a leader. Take no shit, way it should be

• Like 1

Very good game by Clark. He'll be depended on heavily in the next few weeks (?) now that Vlaar's injured.

U know what the best thing Clark did last night. Osvaldo was being a right ass when weinman done the tackle on shaw 93rd min. He was then running backwards up the pitch and Clark clattered into the back of him. Put a bit of manners in him. Shows it has matured and will be a leader. Take no shit, way it should be

I didn't see that, have to dig it from somewhere...

Yeah, that was pretty sweet. And then Osvaldo got booked for it. :D

Â