Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Did okay yesterday. Wouldnt mind him staying for another year.

was at fault for the second goal but apart from that he did well. He's no Lowton though.

He wasnt the only one at fault though... Possession was lost carelessly (I think by Westwood), Sylla pulled out of a 50/50 with Luis, Delph failed track Lampard.. Bit harsh saying its all Lichaj's fault.

Lowton has been playing well recently, undoubtedly, but he has also made mistakes throughout the season that have cost us goals.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a decent squad player but for his sake I think it's best if he leaves. He really needs game time now and is unlikely to get it here. A drop down to the championship for a season would probably be good for him

Article by Mat Kendrick in the Birmingham Mail says Villa have opted to not renew Lichaj's contract.

real shame. Out of all the crap we still have left in our squad.. there should be 5-6 out before him. Just unlucky his contract was out.

Considering he is better than herd, Stevens and bennett he probably deserved another 2 years.

Good luck Eric

Edited by Jimzk5

Young player - I wish him all the best, sure he will get sorted with another club soon.

The positive spin - is that at long last we seen to have a manager that will make tough decisions about our younger players - and not hank about for years with them on small contracts, wasting everyones time.

not really as Eric was one of three right backs at the club..4 if you include Herd.

I will be interested to see if Cresswell comes.. does that make Bennett up for sale or a back up to Cresswell.

I would of kept him as he was a fine back up player always gave everything. Yes he made mistakes but who hasnt and they should become fewer.

I'm guessing he said he wanted to leave and we let him.

Otherwise it was a no brainer to keep him.

Â