Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Not a lot to say really is there? Never really rose above the ranks of mediocre competence, even though for quite a period last season I really wanted him to play in place of Bennett. Anyway he's gone now and I doubt he will cross our paths again.

As has been said by several already, I for one am sorry to see Eric leave. A far superior player to Bennett, even though Eric is a natural rightback. I wish him all the best and look forward to seeing how his career progresses in the future.

• Like 1

That's about his level I think. I had a feeling he'd have to accept going down a division or two if he wanted to play regularly. I expect a few of our not-so young guns will do the same when they eventually get the boot, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Bannan, Herd, Clark etc.

Bye bye, Eric

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22954451

Eric Lichaj: Nottingham Forest sign ex-Aston Villa defender

Nottingham Forest have signed former Aston Villa full-back Eric Lichaj on a two-year contract.

Lichaj, 24, played 23 games as Villa maintained their Premier League status last season, but was released in June.

The USA international is manager Billy Davies' second summer signing,following Darius Henderson's arrival.

I always give 100% no matter what the situation is... I will be working my butt off, as an American would say!

Eric Lichaj

"It's a very good club, who are ambitious to go into the Premier League and that's where I want to be as well," Lichaj told BBC East Midlands Today.

"Nottingham Forest were keen to sign me and I didn't hesitate at all to come here.

"My preferred position is right-back but I can play left-back as well.

"I always give 100% no matter what the situation is, that is first and foremost for me. I will be working my butt off, as an American would say!"

Lichaj, who has won eight international caps, made 42 appearances for Villa after joining in 2008 and has previously spent time on loan at Lincoln, Leyton Orient and Leeds.

A good signing. I hope he does well there both for himself and because I'd like to see Forest back up. It's been too long.

Â