Eric Lichaj

Rob182

If I had had to choose between keeping Lichaj or Bennett, id choose Lichaj every day.

Really? I get the feeling Lichaj has peaked as in you know what you are going to get from him but with Bennett he could be a lot better, could being the key word.

Standing back and looking at this in the cold light of day I think it's a good move for Villa. Lichaj was a little too mediocre to push us to where we want to be. He's a competent footballer and might even make it in the lower echelons of the Prem if he's lucky enough to get an offer, but he's precisely the kind of player we need to be shedding if we're to start making inroads on those above us. Good luck to him though. He always did a job, put in a shift, never disgraced himself and always gave his all. That's all you can ask.

But I'm happy that Lambert is making the tough decisions early on.

Probably wants first team football and he's at the age where he really should be starting to be getting first team selection.

He could probably head to the Championship and work hard at it there and find himself back in the PL later.

All the best Eric and thanks for your efforts.

Probably best for him to get first team football with the WC coming up and the USA still undecided at RB

Exactly. I wish him all the best for the future.

If I had had to choose between keeping Lichaj or Bennett, id choose Lichaj every day.

Really? I get the feeling Lichaj has peaked as in you know what you are going to get from him but with Bennett he could be a lot better, could being the key word.

Defensively i think he is head and shoulders above him and I just can not see Bennett improving to much in that respect.

Defensively i think he is head and shoulders above him and I just can not see Bennett improving to much in that respect.

Would you keep either of them though? Probably not. If that's the case and you still have to have one then it becomes which of them is the least known quantity with room to improve and that at the moment is Bennett. Lichaj is never going to be anything other than what he is at the moment. The same can not be said about Bennett. Hindsight would tell us more but we don't have that yet.

No the preference would be to replace them both. Age wise their is only a year or two. So Bennett is not in terms of development a million miles away.

Hopefully it becomes irrelevant anyway and we sign a solid full back this summer.

Never rated him at all until this season, oddly enough. I think he could be kept on as backup at FB as he's pretty solid defensively.

Unfortunately he offers nothing in attack and for this reason he'll never be a first teamer here. I think he should convert to CB if he wants a career at the top.

Good luck to him whatever he does.

No the preference would be to replace them both. Age wise their is only a year or two. So Bennett is not in terms of development a million miles away.

Not a million miles, but less developed having only had the benefit of PL coaching and opposition for one year instead of the 5 years that Lichaj has had. That's all we're saying here. Bennett has room for improvement. Lichaj doesn't.
  • Like 1

Â