Eric Lichaj

Rob182

I think he's improved imesurably over that period, so what do I know? His lack of attacking ability is obviously his Achilles heel. Convert to CB Eric, you don't have the skills the top teams need at FB, is my advice, but as I say, what do I know?

I feel that in letting players like Lichaj go - a player that's never really let us down - Lambert must be looking to simply raise the standard of the squad overall.

Not wanting players that can simply do a job in there must be at the forefront of his mind, otherwise why let the man leave.

In regards to Eric himself, I wish him all the best at his next club. If I were a Hull or Crystal Palace type team I'd be taking a good look at him right now.

I feel that in letting players like Lichaj go - a player that's never really let us down - Lambert must be looking to simply raise the standard of the squad overall.

Not wanting players that can simply do a job in there must be at the forefront of his mind, otherwise why let the man leave.

In regards to Eric himself, I wish him all the best at his next club. If I were a Hull or Crystal Palace type team I'd be taking a good look at him right now.

I am not so sure Lambert will have decided it. 

It may well have been Lichaj's choice. He needs to be playing and getting starts, especially if he wants to go to the World Cup next year. He wasn't going to get games at Villa.

I am not so sure Lambert will have decided it. 

It may well have been Lichaj's choice. He needs to be playing and getting starts, especially if he wants to go to the World Cup next year. He wasn't going to get games at Villa.

Yeah, good point actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty gutted this chap has left actually... I thought he was an excellent backup to what we have.

And the fact he got as many assists in half as many games from a deeper position than Bannan would suggest he is probably the worlds most ultimate deep lying crossing dude ever to have existed in the world. Ever.

• Like 1

wonder if he just had a friendly chat with PL and told him hed like to move on to pursue first team football and not sign a new contract?

he has been a fine back up, but if you meet a footballer whos happy to be a back up through out his career, then he obviously isnt serious, footballers want to play (well all except dunne anyway)

hope he does well (just not against us)

there was no point to offering him a new contract, he would never become more than what he was, and as we're looking to go forward that's not enough, if he was 3 years younger, maybe, but all the same, best of luck to him whereever he goes. 

Probably had some offers on his agent's desk when the decision was made. I'd expect him to join a new club within weeks.

I will watch his career with interest.

Good luck to him, he has been a decent servant and a solid if unspectacular player. Never seemed to grumble about not being a automatic pick and never really let us down. 

Not good enough I don't think for where we should be or want to be, not as a first team starter but might improve a little if a regular starter at a lower level.

• Like 1

Lets not forget he is 24 and has never been close to getting regular first team football and our recent managers have bought both right and left backs. I think that tells you all you need to know about his capability and potential.

Good solid back up but frankly that is better provided by a hungry young player from our academy I'm sorry to see him go but its the right move for both parties

Â