Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the board need to move quick now!

if Jol is the man pay the money ajax want. I like Kenny Mac but he is NOT repeat NOT a manager. Great coach now doubt but he's not a manager!

JOL or JK please!

This board, who it seems to me aren't renowned for doing anything with any urgency, really need to pull there fingers out and get this club the top manager it deserves and as become accustomed to during Randys reign.

I wouldn't put any money on them making the right choice though.

We need a manager.

Today the boys needed a bollocking at half time and some changes. We got neither. They came out second half defeated and with their heads down?

Even MON's biggest critics could admit that he could at least get the team playing second half after a poor first half (well apart fromSmalljob, but that's because he hasn't got a brain). We had none of that today.

You can't blame the manager for today entirely, but he has to take a large part of the blame. I wasn't MON's biggest fan, but he wouldn't have lost 6-0 today.

This board, who it seems to me aren't renowned for doing anything with any urgency, really need to pull there fingers out and get this club the top manager it deserves and as become accustomed to during Randys reign.

I wouldn't put any money on them making the right choice though.

I fully agree with you Mark, I think they need to make a decision very quickly.

Cant blame the manager completely for the horrible defending. Freidal and Dunne was surprisingly very poor. Clark is not ready. Full backs were awful. Petrov wasnt much help defensively wither. Albrighton should only be used as a sub away from home

Only player that did well was Young and he didnt get much help

Why would Jol leave champions league Ajax to come to 0-6 Villa, where there's no money to be spent, where the best player's been sold to an alleged rival,where wages have to be reduced and where the board openly interferes where it shouldn't - Milner/Ireland , Davies, etc. I'm sure Jol would laugh at this and stay as far away as possible.

Btw, I feel very bad for Kev Mac. The man never asked for this shit and will now get so much undeserved abuse.

Why would Jol leave champions league Ajax to come to 0-6 Villa, where there's no money to be spent, where the best player's been sold to an alleged rival,where wages have to be reduced and where the board openly interferes where it shouldn't - Milner/Ireland , Davies, etc. I'm sure Jol would laugh at this and stay as far away as possible.

Overreaction much? There are plenty of reasons why Jol would come to Villa. Ajax have money issues themselves and will probably be selling their big names if they can't beat Kiev. Today was a blip I'm sure of it. We move on and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

At the time some saw sense/appeal in appointing Josef Venglos, likewise some will now see sense/appeal in Bob Bradley who if appointed will - i feel - be as unsucessful as Dr Jo.

Appointing "Bob" would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

But wouldn`t be surprising as were doing things on the cheap now.

Any Gulf states want to buy the Villa?! After today I`d be more than happy to sell our "Footballing soul"

I`ve seen a fish out of water fight harder.

Overreaction much? There are plenty of reasons why Jol would come to Villa. Ajax have money issues themselves and will probably be selling their big names if they can't beat Kiev. Today was a blip I'm sure of it. We move on and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

Not an overreaction at all. I don't expect Villa to contend for top 4 this season anyway, so no.

Why do you think Davies wasn't even on the bench today, again?

When the board start to interfere in the club's footballing side, that's it for the club.