Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I love the fact the people who've never done so much as play football above park level think they know more tactically than somebody who has played professionally, has his coaching badges and has years of managerial experience at various professional levels.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Oneill

That's ridiculous Trickie.

Do you not hold him at least partly responsible for where we are at now?

I doubt it, i think Richard thinks its all the boards fault and will spin it to look like that every single time.

Baring in mind its the board that built us up, brought in MON supported him to build a solid foundation along with a host of other positives.

Now after all that they should just **** off and sell up to some oil billionaire.

When they appoint the new manager there will be a massive overraction and the board will go into melt down.

As it wont be Jol and thank god it wont be MON.

I love the fact the people who've never done so much as play football above park level think they know more tactically than somebody who has played professionally, has his coaching badges and has years of managerial experience at various professional levels.

The thing is though Andy, I have, I've been playing Football Manager for the past 5 years, if that isn't managerial experience enough, I honestly don't know what is.

Well Andy, we could see Newcastle's strengths, there 3 thugs in the middle who will kick anybody to win, we were too lightweight, Carroll who target Clark, look at the match threads before the game started and the majority pointed all this out and as for coaching badges, i really couldn't care less as i'm a Villa fan, KM has not even come out and apologised to those fans who went to see that tripe however when MON played a reserve side in Moscow all hell broke loose.

Yes, I bow to his knowledge. Albrighton is clearly ready to play every game and Ireland is obviously a holding player. Clark was clearly more ready to deal with Andy Caroll than Curtis/Beye.

How dare anyone question his judgement, **** it why do we have a forum for discussion if we can know **** all anyway?

I'm getting concerned about the situation at the top of the club; I don't think KM's good enough, and his attitude towards the job is worrying. In the next few weeks we will find out the true ambition for the club.

In a serious reply to this, it is not completely far fetched that some fans at times say things that would work, not in depth tactical analysis but team selection, a few of us said should leave Albrighton out for this, play Reo-Coker with Petrov, Ireland more in the hole, going to be a battle etc....during the game, we are completly over-run in midfield, lose the battle, Albrighton barely gets into the game and when he does, gives it away. Then MacDonald says after the game it was probably a mistake playing Albrighton.

Alot of us watch Villa every week in depth and share opinions, not on a deep tactical level but I don't think it's crazy to say that some people at times will hold a correct opinion. Most of the time, we would be wrong and I don't think anyone suggests they would make a good manager or anything but I also think some people's posts on here can pin point problems in the team and not be wrong.

I'm getting concerned about the situation at the top of the club; I don't think KM's good enough, and his attitude towards the job is worrying. In the next few weeks we will find out the true ambition for the club.

Agreed. K-Macs recent comments about not knowing if he wants the job are (I believe) unsettling the team. It needs some stability from a permanent commited manager. I had hoped it would be K-Mac himself, but I don't think he wants it.

Hate to say it but i was told Southgate is in the frame -God forbid!
I don't even want to consider that :lol:

People need to start realising its going to be someone they dont like.

God i would hate Southgate, but he might be crackin we dont know!

I'd rather have MON's nasal hair in charge than Southgate.

He won't, I can assure you of this Jez.

Jez

We know enough about Southgate to know he will never be "crackin" and the fans would go ballistic! It would be distastrous imo

Tbh the team selcetion mistakes a i can live with, even though they were poor, its more the lack of reaction after half time that bothered me. Also i thought K MAc was more tatically aware than MON, i hoped he was but it didnt really show today. Didnt help that a lot of senior players didnt play well at all though.