Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. What's this "European Football" you're talking about? Barcelona? Blackpool? Rapid Vienna? A good manager is a good manager, no matter who the opponents are. If Bradley knows his tactics, knows how to motivate the players and so on - he should have no problem in the English Premier League.

I think Kevin Mac can withdraw his application after this display. He didn't have a clue what to do when we went 2 down let alone 3, bringing heskey on and shoving him on the wing? Whats all that about.

We have to get someone in quick style, if we get ripped apart by Newcastle were not going to stand a chance against the big boys.

I honestly can't believe anyone really thought Kevin MacDonald was a viable option. Absolutely no managerial experience at 50 years old and some think thats what we should be aiming for as one of the top 6 sides in the country.

I'm sure there is something in why Kevin as only been a coach for 14 years.

Mon will not be easily replaced and I guess we may find that out the hard way.

I have had a feeling from the moment Mon resigned that the board would **** up the next appointment and I still get that feeling.

Well at least we can hope all the people, fans and board, who were falling over themselves to rejoice in Mcdonalds 'youth and freedom and happiness' display against West Ham (beaten 3-1 at home by Bolton) overreact as far the other way after today - why not ?

And then maybe some sense will prevail ,we'll get a proper Manager, and 4 years of hard work might, just might, not go down the drain.

i respect your opinion but the comparison of amercan football to english/european football is quite different in style of play, transfer policies and i just think bob would end up bringing in reallly dodgey players.

and judging on this display being completley demolished by newcastle is not good. and i think randy will now really crack on with getting in a new man now.

I honestly can't believe anyone really thought Kevin MacDonald was a viable option. Absolutely no managerial experience at 50 years old and some think thats what we should be aiming for as one of the top 6 sides in the country.

I'm sure there is something in why Kevin as only been a coach for 14 years.

Mon will not be easily replaced and I guess we may find that out the hard way.

I have had a feeling from the moment Mon resigned that the board would **** up the next appointment and I still get that feeling.

Well yes I share that opinion I said when the masses were calling for Macdonald after the first game that it was far too hasty, I also said we would not replace MON easily despite some people think it was the best thing ever for the club that he was forced to resign

Thats that then they wont.

Whoever the board appoint it wont be who people want, as it wont be Jol.

They are onto a loser already really.

Give him a few more games, he shouldn't get the job on West Ham alone and not this game alone.

Let's be honest, Carew converts a penalty in the 9th minute and I really do think we could of been 3-0 going into half-time.

How on earth do you arrive at that ? - we haven't had a shot on target - penalty included.

I also said we would not replace MON easily despite some people think it was the best thing ever for the club that he was forced to resign

Forced to resign my arse.

Whilst I agree that is putting it too strong there is no question Randy moved the goalposts (rightly or wrongly, wrongly in my view) compared to what was discussed/broadcast in the first few years.

So considering the agreement they had was significantly altered, he was near enough (being principled) 'forced' to go, although I accept he could have stayed had he chosen.

And then maybe some sense will prevail ,we'll get a proper Manager, and 4 years of hard work might, just might, not go down the drain.

I fear it already has been thrown away. By MON and the board. There is no time or money to bring in more players, and that was something we needed even before MON and Milner went (a striker and maybe a new GK). Now, we got shafted by Man City. They only paid £16 mill for our best player and we took a player from them they were desperate to get rid of. So we essentially sold our best player for peanuts and agreed to lend the additional help by taking on Ireland. Our softness and lack of financial muscle is there for all to see. Who in their right mind would want the job now? It wasn't hard to see that the West Ham team we faced last week were awful in all areas of the team. We are really are in a shitty position now thanks to MON and the board. For the first time in many, many years I'm royally pissed off about the state of the club. There really is no point at all in putting money and effort into getting up into the upper echelons of the league if you are prepared to flush it all down the drain at a moments notice. We are back at square one with no money to buy our way out this time around.

I'm afraid to say that K Mac lacked the tactical knowledge it seemed today, there was no attacking structure present apart from the lofted chip ball, which was ineffective. Ireland seemed to just be wandering round lost a lot and young had no striker to aim for as Carew was nowhere to be seen a lot of the time. IMO, Young should have played on the right wing, Albrighton on the left, with Ireland playing behind Carew. Then Downing on the bench and NRC playing alongside Petrov. Thoroughly disappointed, but hey ho, upward and onwards, hopefully.

No way will it be KM after that, even though KM is partly to blame with being unsure about the job so the uncertainty around our club still exists! But to lose 6-0 to a shit side will mean no manager will come to us, welcome Bob Bradley even though my ST will be returning if we employ that muppet, I'd prefer Southgate!