Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Why would Jol leave champions league Ajax to come to 0-6 Villa, where there's no money to be spent, where the best player's been sold to an alleged rival,where wages have to be reduced and where the board openly interferes where it shouldn't - Milner/Ireland , Davies, etc. I'm sure Jol would laugh at this and stay as far away as possible.

Overreaction much? There are plenty of reasons why Jol would come to Villa. Ajax have money issues themselves and will probably be selling their big names if they can't beat Kiev. Today was a blip I'm sure of it. We move on and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

Not an overreaction at all. I don't expect Villa to contend for top 4 this season anyway, so no.

Why do you think Davies wasn't even on the bench today, again?

When the board start to interfere in the club's footballing side, that's it for the club.

Probably because Davies is a terrible centre back. How could you possibly know the board are intefering?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said after the West Ham game last week that I could have been in charge and got us a result against them. Somewhat naively though some seemed to think it justified giving a 50 year old coach with absolutely no managerial experience the job.

We are a massive club and this is a huge job to take on and therefore requires an experienced manager who has shown he can handle such a challenging job. The club have now had two weeks to find one so lets hope it won't take much longer as this team/club are currently heading up shit creak without a paddle.

We need a manager.

Today the boys needed a bollocking at half time and some changes. We got neither. They came out second half defeated and with their heads down?

Even MON's biggest critics could admit that he could at least get the team playing second half after a poor first half (well apart fromSmalljob, but that's because he hasn't got a brain). We had none of that today.

You can't blame the manager for today entirely, but he has to take a large part of the blame. I wasn't MON's biggest fan, but he wouldn't have lost 6-0 today.

Yup i agree.

The manager needs to be sorted asap.

The same as its an overreaction to say we were simply amazing last week, its a reaction to say we're suddenly wank this.

Score the pen and its a different game and KM is still a contender.

The board will pick a manager who will piss off a lot though, have to give em time whoever it is.

It needs to be soon though whoever it is.

Yep, funny game football. Score a penalty, I believe we would then go onto the win the game, the way the game was played.

Miss a penalty and lose 6-0, compeltly our of contention. Harsh world.

I still think we should give him a few more games until we found the 'right' replacement rather than rush in and appoint someone shit because he wants the job, aka Bradley.

Wrong tactics and selection but at least he admitted that after the game so hopefully he puts it right for our next game.

We are wank though, Jez! We need a new man in by the Vienna game! Can see Everton doing us over!

But we were brilliant last week.

Its not just we're suddenly wank, we have no direction.

We're not brilliant we're not as bad as we were today.

I'd imagine its somewhere in between.

Regardless of what happened today we should try and get the right man in without just panic appointing as we could regret that as well.

We aren't a bad team had we scored that penalty it's a different game, heads wouldn't of dropped so quickly. Tactics were wrong, the lads needed a manager in the dressing room at half time and not a coach. Kev Mac isn't the answer to the vacant manager's position that's for sure.

moyes was at the newcastle game. the camera homed in on him during the match. please let it be true

I know this may sound absolutely stupid.

Perhaps he is there because we have Everton next.

:D

Thing is KM has been doing the job whilst our former manager bunked off 5 days beofre the season started!!

eg Downing, Warnock. Albrighton were amongst others didnt' play well at all but then again they have just got back from a difficult game in Vienna on Thursday.... no-one seems to have mentioned this

I think some people need to get a grip.

It's been a tough couple of weeks, there's no outstanding candidate & personally like others have said, I'd rather the club get in the right man for the job if Kevin Mac isn't going to be the manager.

But we were brilliant last week.

Well, we were VERY GOOD last week, I wouldnt say brilliant

And we were playing West Ham

Biggets mistake MacDonald made today was trying to play Ireland and Petrov as a midfield two. It was never going to work

You have to have an anchor in there to protect the back 4. Milner's enegry and graft meant he did the work of 2 men.

Should've rested Marc, stuck Ash on the left and NRC just in front of the back 4. That doesnt mean I rate NRC, becaise I think he's about as limited as a footballer can be. But needs must

Why would Jol leave champions league Ajax to come to 0-6 Villa, where there's no money to be spent, where the best player's been sold to an alleged rival,where wages have to be reduced and where the board openly interferes where it shouldn't - Milner/Ireland , Davies, etc. I'm sure Jol would laugh at this and stay as far away as possible.

Overreaction much? There are plenty of reasons why Jol would come to Villa. Ajax have money issues themselves and will probably be selling their big names if they can't beat Kiev. Today was a blip I'm sure of it. We move on and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

Not an overreaction at all. I don't expect Villa to contend for top 4 this season anyway, so no.

Why do you think Davies wasn't even on the bench today, again?

When the board start to interfere in the club's footballing side, that's it for the club.

Probably because Davies is a terrible centre back. How could you possibly know the board are intefering?

Unless Davies was injured then this is purely a financial decision and not for the footballing side of things. I don't particularly rate CD but Kevin Mack should be allowed to select from the players he has available.