Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be that someone else would come into Villa as Head Coach, K-Mac as Team Manager and Klinsi as DoF.

Actually that's interesting because Kevin Mac said they were all having to help out all areas of the club...

due to a lack of coaches since the departure of MON & his team.

Head Coach - Martin Jol? (later on.... hence his reported comments "Villa will have to wait...")

Team Manager - Kevin Mac

DOF - Klinsmann

Might be that someone else would come into Villa as Head Coach, K-Mac as Team Manager and Klinsi as DoF.

Actually that's interesting because Kevin Mac said they were all having to help out all areas of the club...

Head Coach - Martin Jol? (later on.... hence his reported comments "Villa will have to wait...")

Team Manager - Kevin Mac

DOF - Klinsmann

Where do I sign?

Team Manager - Kevin Mac

DOF - Klinsmann

Be absolute chaos. And a no go for me. Whats wrong with just having a manager?

Chill. We're just having a bit of fun.

I personally don't think KM wants all the pressure, media & other work that goes with being a Premiership Manager. The phone constantly ringing from agents etc.

Not forgetting we've just lost MON & entourage & Kevin Mac was already here.

It's simply 2 appointments & one of them maybe not here all the time.

My thoughts, with a little more speculation.

U.S.based-Mr Lerner lives 3303nm from BHX and 2550nm from where Klinsmann lives. Whilst he may be nearer to JK than VP, they can hardly be considered neighbours!

Milan-whilst this appeared to be a family trip, his family were over in the UK at the time, so if dad needs to go somewhere nice and different on business and he has his own private jet, why not join him?

Mr Lerner's jet was due to depart today but left two and a half hours later. Not dramatic, because the idea of owning a private jet is that it goes when you want it to, but obviously he is busy.

Also Mr Lerner's jet can easily fly non-stop to his home, or to Cleveland, where the Browns are at home tomorrow, or even further. Today it has flown to a well known refuelling stop, used by aircraft that need to fly on to the west coast, or the deep south. Unfortunately I lost the ability to track his jet within the US after the takeover thread, so that nugget of speculation will have to stay just that!

Speculation aside, I don't see Mr Lerner chasing around Europe or the world after prospective candidates, I think that the expectation (rightfully) would be for them to come to him.

Presumably he will be watching the Browns tomorrow, after which maybe over to Newcastle and back to Brum.

Let's pray for 3 points Sunday and then see what next week brings....

Im very chilled - ask my boss 8)

Just voicing my opinion. i dont think it would work. Needs 1 man in charge. Not 3 men all on the same level trying to pull together different tasks.

Just voicing my opinion. i dont think it would work. Needs 1 man in charge. Not 3 men all on the same level trying to pull together different tasks.

Well, that's the British way - but is it the best one? How many managers are good at all those different roles? Deciding on footballing strategy, negotiating contracts, buying and selling players, coaching the players, handling match tactics and substitutions, motivating players, etc., etc.

Most British managers will excel at least one of those; few - if any - are good at all of them.

If, for example, we want to attract top players to the club, I'd say a Sven or a Klinsmann would be a better bet than a K-Mac. But I wouldn't Sven or Klinsmann coaching the team or running matchdays - I'd far rather have K-Mac do that.

It's only a problem if its a disharmonious (is that even a word??) relationship.

If they're in unison then it could be beautiful. :)

Well, that's the British way - but is it the best one? How many managers are good at all those different roles? Deciding on footballing strategy, negotiating contracts, buying and selling players, coaching the players, handling match tactics and substitutions, motivating players, etc., etc.

Most British managers will excel at least one of those; few - if any - are good at all of them.

If, for example, we want to attract top players to the club, I'd say a Sven or a Klinsmann would be a better bet than a K-Mac. But I wouldn't Sven or Klinsmann coaching the team or running matchdays - I'd far rather have K-Mac do that.

Didnt Tottenham try it and it failed miserably. I understand the point but all it takes is one arguement. Just look what happened to Chelsea when they tried it as well. It drove Mourinho out and they probably would have won the premiership every year with mourinho and a couple of european cups. Ok theyve been reasonably succesful since but we havent got the talent to start getting complacent imo.

You might as well have an intefering chairman

Didnt Tottenham try it and it failed miserably. I understand the point but all it takes is one arguement. Just look what happened to Chelsea when they tried it as well. It drove Mourinho out and they probably would have won the premiership every year with mourinho and a couple of european cups. Ok theyve been reasonably succesful since but we havent got the talent to start getting complacent imo.

You might as well have an intefering chairman

But Mourinho - along with SAF and probably Wenger - is one of the very few masters of the trade who CAN fill all the roles. I don't think there is anybody of similar stature that Villa could get.

As somebody said upthread, if you can get a well-matched management team, it CAN work. Clough and Taylor together were better than Clough and Taylor as individuals.

My thoughts, with a little more speculation.

U.S.based-Mr Lerner lives 3303nm from BHX and 2550nm from where Klinsmann lives. Whilst he may be nearer to JK than VP, they can hardly be considered neighbours!

Milan-whilst this appeared to be a family trip, his family were over in the UK at the time, so if dad needs to go somewhere nice and different on business and he has his own private jet, why not join him?

Mr Lerner's jet was due to depart today but left two and a half hours later. Not dramatic, because the idea of owning a private jet is that it goes when you want it to, but obviously he is busy.

Also Mr Lerner's jet can easily fly non-stop to his home, or to Cleveland, where the Browns are at home tomorrow, or even further. Today it has flown to a well known refuelling stop, used by aircraft that need to fly on to the west coast, or the deep south. Unfortunately I lost the ability to track his jet within the US after the takeover thread, so that nugget of speculation will have to stay just that!

Speculation aside, I don't see Mr Lerner chasing around Europe or the world after prospective candidates, I think that the expectation (rightfully) would be for them to come to him.

Presumably he will be watching the Browns tomorrow, after which maybe over to Newcastle and back to Brum.

Let's pray for 3 points Sunday and then see what next week brings....

Great stuff thetrees!

Interesting stuff TT as always...

Stab at refuelling stop is maybe Bangor, Maine?

You're very astute.

Obviously travelled the Britannia/Air 2000 757 route to Orlando in the late eighties and nineties :winkold:

FWIW I think the appointment is close, dunno if anyone else has bought it up - but it must be or else Curtis Davies wouldnt have played last night !!! I cant see the chairman giving a "caretaker" the power to make a decision on giving CD his 60th game, therefore a bumper new contract and payrise............ so the conspiricy theorist in me says its either KM's job already, or theyre deep in conflab with the guy who's taking the job.........
He'll get a new contract when he plays one more league game apparently, not cup.

im not disputing it in any way - but surely Curtis Davies hasnt played 59 LEAGUE games for us........ hes only been here 3 seasons, and in that time it took him half a season to break in - missed 6months after his tendon injury - missed a huge chunk of the following season with his fooked shoulder and then hardly kicked a ball last season.........