Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

There is one proven experienced top quality manager currently not employed who has won things at clubs he has been at and managed at a high level in this league, knows our team and knows what we need to strengthen. Fits all the credentials and if I were Randy I would currently be on the phone to him promising him whatever he wanted . I doubt he would come to us though without major changes

:wink: Nice one Richard. I know exactly who you mean and asked the General about getting him around 10 days ago but unsurprisingly he never answered.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is we need someone to hit the ground running without having to spend time getting to know our strengths and weaknesses and do so whilst also adding to the squad in the next ten days.

Perhaps it suits the board to have a manager who needs time to assess the squad as that will obviously mean spending is put on hold

One thing is we need someone to hit the ground running without having to spend time getting to know our strengths and weaknesses and do so whilst also adding to the squad in the next ten days.

Perhaps it suits the board to have a manager who needs time to assess the squad as that will obviously mean spending is put on hold

Also, perhaps MON has royally fecked us over by quitting just 5 days before the season, with little chance of getting a good new manager in??

i dont think they'll appoint anyone until after the transfer deadline. then they'll have an excuse for not giving money for players. we all laughed at liverpool at the start of the summer saying they'll lose their best players and so on. but, at least their yanks went out and sorted a manager quickly which settled their players. well we've lost our manager, best player and seen nothing come our way. ireland would be a good signing but for the fact we sold milner as part of the deal. they take our cash each week and sell the players we pay to watch without giving anything back. if young gets sold or we have no manager by wednesday my opinion is they can clear off back statside. i dont pay to look at the lovely muriels. i pay to watch the beautiful game. but this aint pretty to me.

Martin Oneill

That's ridiculous Trickie.

Do you not hold him at least partly responsible for where we are at now?

Thing is Jon, did anyone hold him responsible for the 3-0 against wet spam or the decent result in midweek?

In addition what if he was forced to walk or received promises that were later withdrawn? Do you think he should have stayed regardless?

Martin Oneill

That's ridiculous Trickie.

Do you not hold him at least partly responsible for where we are at now?

Just thinking a bot more about your question Jon, where exactly are we right now do you think?