Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

im sure mon was expecting everyone to be begging him to stay

if thats the case and he threw an "its my ball and im going home" threat to try to get things the way he wanted it then im **** delighted nobody tried to talk him out of it

4 years ago mon taking over may have been the best thing for villa, but i also believe that mon walking before this season was the best thing for us right now

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure mon was expecting everyone to be begging him to stay

if thats the case and he threw an "its my ball and im going home" threat to try to get things the way he wanted it then im **** delighted nobody tried to talk him out of it

4 years ago mon taking over may have been the best thing for villa, but i also believe that mon walking before this season was the best thing for us right now

Bizzare as it sounds - this could be what happened. MON said a few months earlier he wouldn't walk over a lack of funds. But I could imagine indecision at board level really annoying MON.

Thing is the whole time Randy has been here there hasn't been any indecision from the board. They have always presented a clear message of where they want the club to be and how they want to do it. Things may have changed a touch with Man City getting all this money but i'm sure thats one of the main things they would have discussed with MON at the start of the summer. Not sure why they would be evasive over transfer funds either, surely they would just say how much he could have.

FWIW i agree with Pete.

Bizzare as it sounds - this could be what happened. MON said a few months earlier he wouldn't walk over a lack of funds. But I could imagine indecision at board level really annoying MON.

Annoying or not - you don't throw your toys out the pram just because you can't get your own way - 5 days before the start of a football season.

That shows a lack of maturity IMHO.You have to make compromisies in life and go with the flow. MON obviously likes things done EXACTLY the

way he wants and sometimes you can't be that dogmatic, you simply have to listen.

The owner of the football club has every right to run it astutely. It's true we didn't like it under Ellis, but that was different. We knew he was holding

the club back for many many years. The last few seasons we've been one of the PL top spenders in transfer fees so as the General says - it's hard

to question Lerner's lack of commitment.

We have indeed got some very talented youngsters at the football club & it's right that they be given a chance to shine - As Bannan(who would have been off back to Blackpool under MON) said "scoring for Villa Thursday night in Europe was the best feeling he's had in football so far...because THIS is the club they ALL want to play for!

Bradley is acting a bit desperate!

Not at all IMO. He told the truth. His representatives have been in touch with Villa to see what the position is, Villa didn't contact them. He acknowledges that fact & also that they have a very good coach, who is well respected in place already.

Not at all IMO. He told the truth. His representatives have been in touch with Villa to see what the position is, Villa didn't contact them. He acknowledges that fact & also that they have a very good coach, who is well respected in place already.

He wants the job....simple. If you want a job you put your name about....not much wrong with that per se. Just not for us.

Whatever, he's done his homework.

Well, I didn't want neither Bradley nor Klinsmann at first, and I still don't, however, after seeing even worse candidates for the job, like Koeman and Curbs etc, step forward and say how much they'd like it, it's almost as if getting Bradley or Klinsmann wouldn't be so bad afterall, if you know what I mean.

Still want someone better though (Jol or Löw my preferred candidates), if not Kev Mac might as well get the job.

I'd take mon back in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't, he wouldn't change the way he did things and we would only see the same 11 players week in week out.

I could never understand why he would leave Petrov on the field when he clearly had no run left in him, teams scored goals because he couldn't track them, but he was never changed.

I've just heard the Bradley interview and to me, he didn't seem desperate, he was just letting people know the situation which is quite clearly that he woudl like the job but it was HIS people contacted the club not the otherway around. I'm sure he saw stories in our press and must have wondered where they came from.