Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with Ronald Koeman? I thought he would be a decent appointment tell truths.

From what I've read other people posting, he isn't that good as a manager.

We don't just need a big named person, we need someone who can manage the team also.....Big names might attract players, but that isn't going to help us when we need to offload some who are on high wages for doing f all.

he obviously covets the job, i think Randy would think long and hard before appointing Bradley, i think he's a promising coach who needs the experience in a bigger league to further himself, i think i'd just prefer it if he did it elsewhere first.

My thoughts, no doubt he can become a great coach, but were not the club for him now, I want an experienced, proven manager. (or Klinssman!)

Whats wrong with Ronald Koeman? I thought he would be a decent appointment tell truths.

We don't just need a big named person, we need someone who can manage the team also.....Big names might attract players, but that isn't going to help us when we need to offload some who are on high wages for doing f all.

Fair shout.

Got to be a better shout than Bob Bradley though no?

the more i hear from the players about kev mc, the more convinced i am that he should get the job....

Same... I'm really behind the Villa at the moment. Praying we get the results we need for Kevin Mac to get the job. He knows the players, he knows what they can do, and wants to give everyone a fair crack.

If we got one of those big time charlies in there's no guarantee of success...they might even watch a few old tapes and revert back to a 442 with petrov with carlos at RB you never know.

And at times I wonder what all the fuss is about these managers. It seems to be that they've been at the right place at the right time to manage some big clubs.

If Kevin Mac really didn't want the job, i'd reluctantly want Curbs to have it. I've been very impressed with what he's done as a manager in the past.

Fair shout.

Got to be a better shout than Bob Bradley though no?

Kev Mac seems to be hyped as an excellent 'man manager'. So if he does win today I'd hope we appoint him as the permanent manager. He knows the players, he's willing to blood the youngsters, and he's been at the club for over a decade so knows it inside out. I'd much rather see him given a go than risk losing what MON has built up for a unknown commodity like Bradley, Maradona, Klinsmann or Koeman.

If Kev Mac decides against taking the role on full time, then at least Sven or Jol know the league pretty well.

For me Jol is perfect, he knows the league, performed well at any club he's been too. also he's a big enough name to attract some talented foreigners, i honestly believe if MON had been slightly more inclined to buy a foreign player then we could have got some real talent, as a rule players from abroad cost less than british players, think what we could have got instead of buying the likes of Heskey,Davies and Sidwell. that's at least £15million on those 3 players.

the worry with KMac is that like other fantastic back room staff who get promoted, their agendas change, no longer mister nice guy, man manager and friend to the players, his job is now on the line when it wasnt previously.

we should be looking to keep KMac in the role he has, developing a winners mentality amongst the 2nd 11, being the connection from youth to the first team.

someone like Jol i think would appreciate the job being done by KMac cowans and the boys rather than coming in, sacking everyone and starting all over again.

Jol is the one for us i feel at the moment, he isnt billy big bollocks he is pretty straight forward and i think he would work very well with KMac. this could only improve the villa.

I don't know if he should get the job, but our level of game is appalling. Albrighton is a non-factor. Neither is Ashley Young or Downing. The gaffer has nothing to do with this.

Still, I think he should have made a chance before the half time whistle. Try to change things as early as possible.

oif course its teh manager this was his first big test and he has flopped badly so far mac has.

he will hav to use subs and try get us back in the game

carew and clark have been bloody shit. anyone who tells me clark is better option than curtis dont amke me laugh. doesnt even make the bench

Lets wait and see what happens but we are being trounced here by a pretty average side. The real test of a manager is how he deals with it. I suspect the biggest mistake he has made is putting Clark in at CB for this game and no Davies on the bench. I can understand the former but not the latter.

Lets wait and see what happens but we are being trounced here by a pretty average side. The real test of a manager is how he deals with it. I suspect the biggest mistake he has made is putting Clark in at CB for this game and no Davies on the bench. I can understand the former but not the latter.

Might be out of his hands. I.e. Not being allowed to play because of his contract clause.

Give him a few more games, he shouldn't get the job on West Ham alone and not this game alone.

Let's be honest, Carew converts a penalty in the 9th minute and I really do think we could of been 3-0 going into half-time.

Exactly.

We we're great against a very poor West Am side.

A side that wants it a bit more and we're coming up short so far.

i saw this coming a mile away lets face it going back to newcastle on their first home game of the season tht is a difficult place to go and lets be honest the maggpie fans aren't the greatest fans in the world more like the most deluded and annoying fans ever.

the second that we missed that penalty was the second that game was turned upside down.

dont really want kevin mac on a perm but would rather have him than bradley i will be disgusted with randy if he hires him.