Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts, with a little more speculation.

U.S.based-Mr Lerner lives 3303nm from BHX and 2550nm from where Klinsmann lives. Whilst he may be nearer to JK than VP, they can hardly be considered neighbours!

Milan-whilst this appeared to be a family trip, his family were over in the UK at the time, so if dad needs to go somewhere nice and different on business and he has his own private jet, why not join him?

Mr Lerner's jet was due to depart today but left two and a half hours later. Not dramatic, because the idea of owning a private jet is that it goes when you want it to, but obviously he is busy.

Also Mr Lerner's jet can easily fly non-stop to his home, or to Cleveland, where the Browns are at home tomorrow, or even further. Today it has flown to a well known refuelling stop, used by aircraft that need to fly on to the west coast, or the deep south. Unfortunately I lost the ability to track his jet within the US after the takeover thread, so that nugget of speculation will have to stay just that!

Speculation aside, I don't see Mr Lerner chasing around Europe or the world after prospective candidates, I think that the expectation (rightfully) would be for them to come to him.

Presumably he will be watching the Browns tomorrow, after which maybe over to Newcastle and back to Brum.

Let's pray for 3 points Sunday and then see what next week brings....

Very interesting post

I reckon Randy is waiting to see if Ajax qualify for the Champions League and if they dont we might stand a good chance of signing Martin Jol up. Ajax drew with Dynamo Kiev 1-1 away from home. 2nd leg is played on the 25th of August.

I reckon Randy is waiting to see if Ajax qualify for the Champions League and if they dont we might stand a good chance of signing Martin Jol up. Ajax drew with Dynamo Kiev 1-1 away from home. 2nd leg is played on the 25th of August.

I agree. I think Jol is the perfect fit for us ... if not keep kev mac for a yr then see where we are then.... but Jol for me please please please!!!!

I think DOF could work with McDonald as coach.

He is a good coach and DOF could buy players that would be good for the team and McDonald could coach them to play hs style.

DOF? Is that BOF's brother Dermot?

i feel kev mac is doing a good job for villa so far but he has only had two games for us and i feel we need a big name at aston villa i really do think it helps.

Jol- would be a perfect fit for us because lers face it he is a good manager he could bring some exciting players and football to the club and it was jol's tottenham side which qualified for CL.

Klinsman- would also be half decent manager and it appears that randy is a fan i definatly think he would get the best out our players.

So after today's display, does no one fancy Simon Grayson?

Good with kids, good with managing expectation, begining to grow a track record, and possibly ready for a bigger club?

No No and NO

I'd be happy with Grayson. Rather give an up and coming manager a chance than many of the other names suggested.

So after today's display, does no one fancy Simon Grayson?

Good with kids, good with managing expectation, begining to grow a track record, and possibly ready for a bigger club?

Grayson is not a bad shout. Done well at Leeds and has a Villa connection.

I'm not sure he is ready to manage us though or has done enough to warrant getting the top job at a top 6 club.

You could easily argue that the likes of Holloway, Davies, Boothroyd have done a decent job at a lower level but I wouldn't want to take a punt on them and Grayson is arguably in the same boat.

Apparently MON is regretting his decision to quit villa. He wanted clarification transfer funds - but Faulkner and Lerner were evasive. MON resignation was a back me or sack me - but his resignation was accepted without much discussion. MON didn't walk over amount of transfer funds - he just didn't know where he was.

OK its third hand to me - believe it or not. But this sounds feasible to me - reading between the lines KM seems to be hinting at similar things.