The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I knew once we started losing that people would have a go at Grealish, just like Gabby, Albrighton and Bannan

Tbf there is nobody in the squad is not getting criticised.

Jack grealish is making it worse for himself by getting pissed in addition to being shite.

It was not a picture that represents ambition and I know its only the beginning.....it was a image that screamed " I have worked hard for this and now this is what i want to do, so **** you all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I fear the balance will be gone from this discussion.  By all means play the Daily Mail's game.  That moral compass of a newspaper.  Grealish goes on a night out.  That much is true.  They shoe-horn laughing gas into the article (calling it hippy crack.  Much more incendiary language wouldn't you agree), but they say there's no evidence he took any.  Don't mention it then.  Stick to the facts if that's not too difficult.  What are we most upset about here?  That he went out?  That he presumably had a drink? That he has shit friends?  That he had the gall to be filmed laughing?  People probably annoyed and emotional at the Everton result then see him laughing.  LAUGHING?  "Probably at the result.  Probably at our plight."  But maybe not really.  I'll continue to watch from the sidelines.

For me he needs better friends.  What he's doing there is probably no different to what many Premier League players get up to at the weekend after a game.  What he needs to realise now is that he in particular is in the crosshairs.  He has now set more than one precedent and he's going to be followed and made an example of.  Do what you do, but do it in private, and get rid of those thick word removed mates of yours.

I'm not offended by him having fun, and the nitrous oxide is harmless - although what anyone gets out of it is beyond me.  What irritates me is getting drunk every weekend (not this article in isolation but also what we have heard from various posters who are closer to his circle) while clearly off the boil physically, technically and mentally. What pisses me off is seeing a player with such ridiculous talent not doing everything he can to realise his sky high potential, especially at a time when the club he loves are desperately in need of a player that can make the difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I knew once we started losing that people would have a go at Grealish, just like Gabby, Albrighton and Bannan

With the one exception they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory have they.....I'm not sure what you want folk to say.

• Like 1

If every player looks at himself, takes the time out to work extra hours and get their form back.... we could, could, make a better fist of it.

a few selfies at 4.30pm in afternoon might go down quite well

spending time feeling sorry for themselves or taking advantage of the huge sums of money they get by Drinking alcohol, Taking substance, Shopping at expensive stores or Cruising in fancy cars......ain't the smartest way to be seen.

Common Sense is a valuable commodity

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I am not surprised to see this story at all because a friend of mine told me on Saturday that he likes to go out boozing and often pays for large bar bills for him and his mates.

It's OK to enjoy yourself as a pro footballer but you have to use some sense and be careful what you are doing and who you are doing it with.

This isn't aimed at Jack Grealish at all but is reflective of footballers who get paid a lot of money. My uncle once told me of a time he dropped my aunt off at work in Sutton and her boss, who was a Villa fan, noticed that my uncle was wearing his Villa shirt. He told him a story about when he first bought his house. It turned out that he found out about a well known, international, Villa player who played for us in the 1990's, who, at that time, had owned this guy's house. Apparently, the pool cleaner had told him about this ex player owning the house. He said that one day he went to clean the pool and looked inside the house to see the player naked in his Jacuzzi with two women snorting the white stuff from the edge of the pool.

That story just makes you wonder about the players today and their performances. Not only the performances and how poor they are but, what about those players who are missing or left out of teams/squads/25's etc. What goes on behind the scenes that could answer a lot of the questions we pose over and over again? Makes you wonder if it's all worth parting with your hard-earned for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really care to be honest.

It's his on the field antics I care about. And at the moment they're shite.

Not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that his shite, lethargic performances on the pitch, are partly a function of his behaviour off the pitch.

He needs to wise up to the unique situation he's in in life. No problem with this out of season, but in season it's unforgivable, especially when he's playing shit and we're in the shit. 

I hope Garde comes down on him like a tonne of **** bricks. If this lad wants a good career he needs a serious attitude adjustment ASAFP and needs to ditch those word removed, hanger-oners that he calls his 'mates'. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Shame, this isn't going to help. Players these days need media and social media training more than ever. If not everyone.

It does put into question how much he really wants to make it, I can only speculate. Jack still has a great talent.

Don't like it though. They should be held as representatives of the club and more or less some form of a role model. We don't have much good to go on.........

No doubt he would get the same critic in any other English club so it's nothing special. And he has disappointed this season.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that his shite, lethargic performances on the pitch, are partly a function of his behaviour off the pitch.

He needs to wise up to the unique situation he's in in life. No problem with this out of season, but in season it's unforgivable, especially when he's playing shit and we're in the shit. 

I hope Garde comes down on him like a tonne of **** bricks. If this lad wants a good career he needs a serious attitude adjustment ASAFP and needs to ditch those word removed, hanger-oners that he calls his 'mates'. 

You do know that an "attitude adjuster" is an alcoholic drink? Are you suggesting that he needs one of them to make him play better? ;)

5 hours ago, Eames said:

3) What he does outside of "work" reflects on the club just as much as what he does on the pitch. See the lawyer recently sacked for mouthing off about Liverpool fans as an example.

He's a friend of mine.  #csb

Â