The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The thing is, top 6 still wasn't enough for him, and it would take something absolutely breathtaking for us to qualify for the cl which is what he wanted.

His personal ambitions came before any affection he had for the club, simple as that, and it's true of pretty much every footballer.

I don't know, if we got top 6 we'd be in the Europa League. I imagine the club would have some sway in convincing him. Lead the team out into Europe, go for broke for top 4 next season, if we don't make it you can leave. He'd be the age Harry Kane is right now, who in his words is at the midway point in his career.

You're probably right though, he'd still want to leave. Still wouldn't be as bad as leaving now though as he'd have actually seen through at least 2 seasons of the project he proclaimed he believed in.

25 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Unbelievable... I'd love to see what SHA fans think about this!

They better not be heading to town to drink that’s all I can say

mate

28 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Unbelievable... I'd love to see what SHA fans think about this!

Morons probably thinking ‘’Ear mait, why Man City postin’ pickies bout six Shurlock ‘Omes in frunt of Mullenium dome’?

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think the main thing Villa fans are upset about is that we invested so much in this guy from a very young age and only now does it feel completely unreciprocated.  We’ve consistently defended him to the hilt and dismissed numerous claims of him being overrated whilst insisting to apparent deaf ears just how good he is.

Over time we’ve be proven to be correct.  We’d stuck by our boy and he’d proven us right and it gave us vindication and a bit of one upsmanship over our rivals.  Just listen to the difference in how opposition fans spoke about him even 2 years ago compared to recently.

Contrast that compared to how it appears Grealish had been behaving during this time.  Angling for a move and ready to pounce as soon as an opportunity presented itself, which it now has.  We’d created a fantasy that he was one of us and would follow a similar thought processes to us. 

You know what, though, that investment wasn't wasted. He brought us promotion, survival, and £100m to spend in the transfer market. Along with NSWE, Purslow and Smith, he helped us get our club back.

On Jack's side, the desire to play Champions League football is understandable. As Villa fans, we see the Premier League as the main competition, because that's what most of us have grown up watching... with the occasional campaign in Europe.

Most (all?) elite professional footballers want to play European football.

The Totti / Gerrard comparison was always wide of the mark. They both played European football throughout their careers, and were at sides who were always hovering around the top 5 in their respective leagues. Totti won Serie A when he was 25, and Gerrard won the Champions League when he was 24.

Villa have never offered Jack European football or even the faintest sniff of a title challenge, and he is nearly 26.

We'll get there, and hopefully with the youngsters coming through, we'll be able to watch someone grow with the club and win trophies here. Time to focus on the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giro said:

Whoever did that deserves to be sacked. Like I don’t even get why they did it 😂😂😂

Probably because Jack is a brummie and they wanted to lick his arse a bit more  but completely missed the point 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

John Terry isn’t going to be popular today.

Bullshit story as usual, i am no fan of Terry but the quote was pretty much Terry told him its exciting when you hear the Champions League music playing. Nothing about Terry telling him to move to City 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

John Terry isn’t going to be popular today.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Why?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bullshit story as usual, i am no fan of Terry but the quote was pretty much Terry told him its exciting when you hear the Champions League music playing. Nothing about Terry telling him to move to City 

Yup, that clickbait headline was meant to drag incite and draw some Villa outrage/clicks. 

They actually first ran the story yesterday, but it never had the desired effect, so they had to re release it with a more sensational headline today 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, that clickbait headline was meant to drag incite and draw some Villa outrage/clicks. 

They actually first ran the story yesterday, but it never had the desired effect, so they had to re release it with a more sensational headline today 🤣

Yeah It’s annoying. I was just expecting a big Twitter lash-out but there doesn’t seem to be actually. Maybe people are generally wising up to these clickbait tactics now. 

"Everyone's seen the way Messi was at his final press conference and that is the exact way I felt myself.

"Before I left, at the hotel, I spoke to the team, the staff and the players and I teared up a little bit myself."image.jpeg.4af890bb419cb26632690e2a9cafbdec.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â