The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Grealish came on in the last game to help England beat Germany, before today he'd assisted four of England's last six goals and won a penalty for another, he's had several man of the match performances, he's one of the best players in the premier league, he'd get into any team in the world football, he's better than Mason Mount.

it's hardly surprising that Villa fans think he should be starting, frankly I find it staggering that there are some Villa fans that come on here and post as if those that think he should be in the team are somehow in the wrong or 'biased', it tells me that even now there are somehow Villa fans that don't realize how good he is.

Also us beating Ukraine doesn't prove anything, no one suggested that England couldn't win today without Grealish.

In the end I was glad that he didn't come on, wouldn't want him risking an injury in a game that was already won.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Grealish was at Man City he'd play most games he'd be perfectly suited to them, he's objectively one of the best players in the league, nothing to do with Villa bias.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. Would make no sense to bring Jack on now. He’s an important squad player that get fouled a lot! . Protect him.

Thing is there is always a reason for not selecting Jack.

He only at a championship club.

He doesn't score enough goals 

I've got sterling in that position 

He's not fully fit...

Incoming: don't change a winning team 

Had Jack started every game - I still think we would be sitting in the semi finals now

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's not fully fit...

Had Jack started every game - I still think we would be sitting in the semi finals now

Hammered a QF opponent. Into the semis and still cribbing because a player who plays for the club you support didn't play. Jack is a phenomenal player but this stuff is just plain weird.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think he's probably still carrying an injury and will be used as an impact sub. He obviously wasn't needed today. I'm certain he'd have been the first change if it was 0-0 at 60 minutes.

Agreed. But let's say another player comes off the bench at 0-0 has a hand in one , assists another - then said player starts next game .......unless your surname is Grealish.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's not fully fit...

Yes and he would have been f***ed for the majority of next season.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed. But let's say another player comes off the bench at 0-0 has a hand in one , assists another - then said player starts next game .......unless your surname is Grealish.

He’s still injured, accept it.

Why are there people rushing on here to claim some kind of victory against those that believe Grealish should be playing just because England have won? No one has suggested that England can't win or wouldn't win today without him. It's not just about today, he's England's best player other than Kane and yet somehow has barely played more than 90 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hammered a QF opponent. Into the semis and still cribbing because a player who plays for the club you support didn't play. Jack is a phenomenal player but this stuff is just plain weird.

Come on. ! Grealish took ages to even get in the squad. GS said he wasn't going pick championship players - then picked Kalvin Philips.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Grealish came on in the last game to help England beat Germany, before today he'd assisted four of England's last six goals and won a penalty for another, he's had several man of the match performances, he's one of the best players in the premier league, he'd get into any team in the world football, he's better than Mason Mount.

it's hardly surprising that Villa fans think he should be starting, frankly I find it staggering that there are some Villa fans that come on here and post as if those that think he should be in the team are somehow in the wrong or 'biased', it tells me that even now there are somehow Villa fans that don't realize how good he is.

Also us beating Ukraine doesn't prove anything, no one suggested that England couldn't win today without Grealish.

In the end I was glad that he didn't come on, wouldn't want him risking an injury in a game that was already won.

Thank you, I needed to hear that, well said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's not fully fit...

If it makes you feel any better, Foden dyed his hair but Jack is ahead of him lol

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why should he be automatically starting every game as a relatively new member of the squad?

How long did it take Sancho to get a game muchless a start?

That Sterling to Kane goal just now must have wound some of you right up 🤦🏿

You have this rather strange habit of answering with randomness.  Did I say that he should start every game? 

I said that he didn’t start even when his shins were fine.

your reply to that Is ‘why should he start every game’?

Who said he should start every game??

What are you actually going on about?

And wtf has being a relatively new member of the squad got to do with anything?  Philips is a relatively new member, starts every game - but that’s irrelevant. He’s playing well.

To make it easier for you, I said that even without bad shins, he wouldn’t be playing

Nothing about needing to start every game, and nothing about him being an established member of the squad.

By all means disagree about the shins, but don’t attribute stuff that I didn’t say to me.

Think some here just do not appreciate how loaded England are. Southgate is not choosing the likes of Trez and El Ghazi over Grealish!

Furthermore, you hardly ever see teams consistently playing sexy football and steam-rolling their way to titles in tournament football. Sides tend to be much more cautious and pragmatic in their play as one slip-up and you are out. France were drab in the group stages and against Belgium in the last World Cup. Portugal the most boring team at the previous Euros...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are there people rushing on here to claim some kind of victory against those that believe Grealish should be playing just because England have won? No one has suggested that England can't win or wouldn't win today without him. It's not just about today, he's England's best player other than Kane and yet somehow has barely played more than 90 minutes.

But context is everything surely. You've won 4 zip. Into the semis and still drumming up the non selection of the villa lad. There's a time and a place. It's just frustrating and it doesn't seem like your coming from a place of objectivity. The point for his selection is totally fine. Highlighting minutes after a great team performance and into the semis. Seems negative and agenda driven.

• Like 1

Â