The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He has now experienced what life could be at a bigger club. 

Not being the main man. Not necessarily playing every game. 

May persuade him staying at Villa for the rest of his career

Are you seriously suggesting that Villa are not a big club ?

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Come on. ! Grealish took ages to even get in the squad. GS said he wasn't going pick championship players - then picked Kalvin Philips.

Your English yes ? You support the national team ? You are into the semi final. I don't get it. You can say Southgate has fumbled and stumbled along and arrived where he's at but on the whole, you won't hear many English fans complaining tonight i imagine.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't believe that's what he said. He said bigger. There are bigger clubs than us, in terms of european football, challenging for trophies. We are aspiring to get there but we aren't there yet. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Such a good point by villalad21. God i must be happy to be agreeing with him ;)

At villa Grealish is the main man, the go to guy and rightly so as our form showed when he was injured. In the top 4 English clubs or the European elite that won't be the case and that's why they are up there and we are not. Yet. 

This is the Grealish thread so that's why him not being involved today is being talked about in here and not England's win.

Also just because I believe that Grealish should be starting ahead of Mount dosesn't mean to say I'm not being objective I'd think exactly the same if he was a Liverpool or Man Utd player, only difference is that perhaps I wouldn't complain about it as much but I'd still believe it, this thing of calling Villa fans biased over Grealish is frankly annoying, forget that he's a Villa player that doesn't matter, he is objectively one of the best players in the premier league and one of England's best and most creative players...

I don't even get attached to individual players, if Grealish was to leave it wouldn't bother me as much as it would bother most, the club is bigger and more important than him, I'm certainly not biased just because of who he plays for.

• Like 1

Southgate was talking in depth to Jack after the game and had his arm around him. Probs telling him he is keeping him fresh as wasn't needed against a poor physical side.

Glad he didn't play even though he would have probs scored or set up a couple as he really wasn't required and it saves him for us. He has already done his shnizzle against Germany.

A 25 minute dazzle in the next game and the legend of Jack grows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Your English yes ? You support the national team ? You are into the semi final. I don't get it. You can say Southgate has fumbled and stumbled along and arrived where he's at but on the whole, you won't hear many English fans complaining tonight i imagine.

Of course not. 

Southgate can justify not picking Grealish because of the results.

Change of England manager though and Grealish is a regular starter.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is there is always a reason for not selecting Jack.

He only at a championship club.

He doesn't score enough goals 

I've got sterling in that position 

He's not fully fit...

Incoming: don't change a winning team 

Had Jack started every game - I still think we would be sitting in the semi finals now

I get that but Southgates the manager and he has a lot of top players at his disposal. He has got to the semi final by using Jack they way he wants to.  If he wins games he can do what he wants. Villa fans needs to stop taking it so personally. 

• Like 3

I'm not saying he should start after tonight, after today's win I think Southgate would be well within his rights to start the next game with the same team. My point is that Grealish should have been involved way more than he has been not just in this tournament but going further back. Also worth pointing out that if it wasn't for Grealish there's a strong chance that England wouldn't even have got this far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Of course not. 

Southgate can justify not picking Grealish because of the results.

Change of England manager though and Grealish is a regular starter.

It's a results business. Get their hands on that trophy next Sunday and nobody will care who played.

You can twist and turn this whichever way you like, but I'm quite certain Jack himself is devastated not to be involved more, even more so than us fans. I don't see this being a good thing for Villa either. 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But if England win 4-0 it's a moot point. How do you improve on that ? If you are saying he should start after tonight, it can't look anything but agenda driven. After that performance and that result.

The only people who care that Jack didnt play tonight are Villa fans. No other England fan gives two shits. As above said, results are all that matters.

As an England fan I am delighted that we are in a major semi,  as a Villa fan I am gutted because I’ve been waiting all of my life for one of our players to be that special to star and shine in one of these Championships, I feel that this opportunity has been taken away from me somewhat 

Just now, vreitti said:

You can twist and turn this whichever way you like, but I'm quite certain Jack himself is devastated not to be involved more, even more so than us fans. I don't see this being a good thing for Villa either. 

So **** what? And why’s it a bad thing for Villa? If it’s the he needs to play for a big club line then why is  Foden not playing after being one of City’s best players? 

Give it a rest man.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He gave Jack a hug at the end and when speaking to him I have no doubt he said you will play at part for us for us to win this.  I bet some of you lost take him not playing a lot more personally than when Jack does! 

This whole agenda bs is tiring.

it does make us a bit Jack Grealish FC in mentality tbh. Leave other fans to slag off England for not playing their favourite players.

We need to get better ourselves and give him the stage he deserves at club level.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Â