The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Must be kicking himself for signing that new contract.

Had options to move to more stable and currently more attractive clubs than us too.

Who?

Wrexham, Crawley, Scunthorpe.

Bradford, Millwall, Leyton Orient, Sheffield United

Must be kicking himself for signing that new contract.

Had options to move to more stable and currently more attractive clubs than us too.

Who?

Wrexham, Crawley, Scunthorpe.

Bradford, Millwall, Leyton Orient, Sheffield United

Grealish, through his new agent, had options to wait until the summer to sign for Tottenham, Newcastle and West Ham. Other 'reported' interest in the press, although unconfirmed as I know it, was from Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea.

Don't understand why he isn't making the bench, it had two centre backs and two utility players on it today ffs so hardly overflowing with attacking players.

I really hope it just wasn't the case of Lambert including him in squads just to get him to sign a new deal and dumping him once he did but he has dropped out of the 18 regularly since the deal was agreed for some reason.

Must be injured...Wet Spam isn't the easiest of places for a young guy to play but he'd offer a lot more than N'Zog.....or is our manager that much of a control freak...

No No No No No! No where near Nzog, you must be a hater. How can a 19 year old kid be better than a Premiership player with his experience. Managers that play us know Nzog is probably our best player and mark him out the game. do you watch???

Hehe I do like a fun joke response.

Nzog was pretty pointless yesterday, he did a couple of decent things but he's a lucky player and not one who manages to get results because of his own ability, at least he is part of the squad though I think he'd offer something in tight games where we need a sub.....

Must be injured...Wet Spam isn't the easiest of places for a young guy to play but he'd offer a lot more than N'Zog.....or is our manager that much of a control freak...

Again, fully fit just not picked. #AVFC

I personally don't think he should be talking about it on twitter even though it does give us a bit of an insight.....Lambert is a control freak plain and simple and these sorts of lessons only serve to frustrate a player and not encourage him. The point is that he made the squad earlier on in the season, looked better after every performance, and suddenly after signing a new contract was dropped.

Either Lambert of Keane are behind this and personally I am sick of it, players are allowed to disagree with the manager as long as they perform on the pitch, sadly our managers rarely see it that way and the team suffers because of it.

Did Keano annoy/disagree with Fergie? You can be damn sure, but did he drop him because of it? Damn right he didn't, why? Because he did what was asked on the pitch.

I think Lambert is regressing, perhaps this is the start of a new bomb squad.

Our clubs management is completely baffling.....

I can excuse our losing streak against the top clubs, I can excuse our lack of goals scored without Benteke or Delph, I can even excuse the overall low quality of the team due to lack of funds. But I cannot excuse Jack Grealish not getting on the pitch against teams like West Ham or QPR. The kid is one of the best things to happen at Villa Park recently. If Lambert wastes his awesome potential, it might just be the final straw.

Can you just clarify what has made him one of the best things to happen at villa park recently?

I do not understand why anybody would want Grealish anywhere near the starting 11 right now.

This is the toughest, most physical league in the world with biggest names running around the pitch. The team we support is Aston Villa (L6, D1 out of the last 7). Do you really think a teenager who has proved NOTHING yet is capable of somehow transforming the rot? We need experiance, and as much as I do not rate Nzogbia, I would pick him over Grealish any day of the week.

If we are winning (sound like an unlikely situation) and are controlling the game, then we can think about putting him on.

• Like 2

I do not understand why anybody would want Grealish anywhere near the starting 11 right now.

This is the toughest, most physical league in the world with biggest names running around the pitch. The team we support is Aston Villa (L6, D1 out of the last 7). Do you really think a teenager who has proved NOTHING yet is capable of somehow transforming the rot? We need experiance, and as much as I do not rate Nzogbia, I would pick him over Grealish any day of the week.

If we are winning (sound like an unlikely situation) and are controlling the game, then we can think about putting him on.

I agree with you there, not in the starting 11...but not on the bench when the opposition is as tired as our tactics?.....makes very little sense.

Oh and he's proved that he's hungry, something many other players struggle to exhibit.

I agree with you there, not in the starting 11...but not on the bench when the opposition is as tired as our tactics?.....makes very little sense.

Oh and he's proved that he's hungry, something many other players struggle to exhibit.

Why does it make little sense?

When has he proved that he's hungry? What constitutes hunger on a football field?

What makes little sense is why we have committed to 5 years on some youngster, who at 19 is clearly incapable of having any sort of noticeable effect on the game - which probably has an awful lot to do with the fact he's not in the squad.

@Itdoesntmatter

I agree, it shouldn't be shared on social media. I just posted it as a reply to those who say he must be injured.

I'm starting to think he was only in the squad so we could get him signed up.

Why was he put on against citeh? Ti get humiliated? Was totaly the wrong game to bring him on, I think reverse phycolagy is in order lets all say hes shit and shoulndt be near the team lamberk will use him then, and lets start saying gabby is awsome

When has he proved that he's hungry? What constitutes hunger on a football field?

What makes little sense is why we have committed to 5 years on some youngster, who at 19 is clearly incapable of having any sort of noticeable effect on the game - which probably has an awful lot to do with the fact he's not in the squad.

Hunger, by signing with us and not waiting for a bigger club to sign him, plus clearly he's hungry otherwise he wouldn't be resorting to vocalising on social media but also being fine with loans to improve, he wants to play!

Not proved anything? Not long term, but he did prove that he has the desire to come forward, take and draw a foul as well as beating a man with his head up....unlike Nzog who proves he's great at drawing a tackle (not foul), not looking up and taking the ball too far.....

So on one hand we have the same tired tactics with the same under performing players and on the other you have 1 spot on the bench for a kid who has proved at a lower level that he's dynamic and desperate to impress and at the highest level that he's not scared of the physicality, plus shown loyalty to manager and club. Plus his style is different to many other players in the squad and can help unsettle the opposition late on.

You have no other youth players coming through (not that we've seen), and nobody in the club who plays wide naturally (apart from Richardson) but who has the dribbling to come inside, you have run out of ideas and spent the last 2 years struggling to bring through anyone who is dynamic (who isn't currently banned) and you have a track record of supporting players who simply aren't good enough....so are you ignoring a young talent because of personal opinion or because he's not good enough to be around the squad and gamble with when we are desperate.....

I'd guess at the former, I'm not arguing that he's good enough or not we simply don't know unless he gets Premiership minutes, but you can't argue that Lambert is tactically innovative with his players. Bennet wasn't good enough but got support others do too), Clarke is a waste of space (though fair play he had a good 10mins yesterday), NZog isn't the player he once was and almost never looks up, Weimann isn't a wide player and Gabby freezes too often when he beats a man.

My post is as much about the tactics as it is about the player, I still can't see a valid reason in our current predicament why he has been omitted from the squad after making a few of them and looking every bit as good/bad as other players.

Oh and we gave a kid with talent a low paying deal to retain future market value yet we gave a manager who has proved he is struggling a 4 year deal.

who at 19 is clearly incapable of having any sort of noticeable effect on the game

Take the age out and that sentence could be said about the vast majority of our squad.

Correct but there isn't anything at all to say that jack deserves to be the one doing nothing on the field above anyone else.

Agree with O B E, needs to keep his head down.

Hunger, by signing with us and not waiting for a bigger club to sign him, plus clearly he's hungry otherwise he wouldn't be resorting to vocalising on social media but also being fine with loans to improve, he wants to play!

Not proved anything? Not long term, but he did prove that he has the desire to come forward, take and draw a foul as well as beating a man with his head up....unlike Nzog who proves he's great at drawing a tackle (not foul), not looking up and taking the ball too far.....

So on one hand we have the same tired tactics with the same under performing players and on the other you have 1 spot on the bench for a kid who has proved at a lower level that he's dynamic and desperate to impress and at the highest level that he's not scared of the physicality, plus shown loyalty to manager and club. Plus his style is different to many other players in the squad and can help unsettle the opposition late on.

You have no other youth players coming through (not that we've seen), and nobody in the club who plays wide naturally (apart from Richardson) but who has the dribbling to come inside, you have run out of ideas and spent the last 2 years struggling to bring through anyone who is dynamic (who isn't currently banned) and you have a track record of supporting players who simply aren't good enough....so are you ignoring a young talent because of personal opinion or because he's not good enough to be around the squad and gamble with when we are desperate.....

I'd guess at the former, I'm not arguing that he's good enough or not we simply don't know unless he gets Premiership minutes, but you can't argue that Lambert is tactically innovative with his players. Bennet wasn't good enough but got support others do too), Clarke is a waste of space (though fair play he had a good 10mins yesterday), NZog isn't the player he once was and almost never looks up, Weimann isn't a wide player and Gabby freezes too often when he beats a man.

My post is as much about the tactics as it is about the player, I still can't see a valid reason in our current predicament why he has been omitted from the squad after making a few of them and looking every bit as good/bad as other players.

Oh and we gave a kid with talent a low paying deal to retain future market value yet we gave a manager who has proved he is struggling a 4 year deal.

Good post.

Need to get ready to go out but I will reply properly when I get in.

Why was he put on against citeh? Ti get humiliated? Was totaly the wrong game to bring him on, I think reverse phycolagy is in order lets all say hes shit and shoulndt be near the team lamberk will use him then, and lets start saying gabby is awsome

Unfortunately he was humiliated against city, he looked like the little boy he really is against the likes of Kolarov. he needs strength as well as skills. He has some quality yes, but he has no bulk and at present will not make it in a tough premier league. I am sure he knows what he has to do, but at the moment he is no way gonna make our team win any more games or score any more goals.

Good post.

Need to get ready to go out but I will reply properly when I get in.

I like you Woody! Most people ignore or berate my opinionated nonsense yet you're happy to entertain me and talk me through it. Have an emoticon :D ....are they still called that?

Have a good afternoon señor.

Â