The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Let me get this right....we can't win, we can't score, we can't even get any shots on target and there's people in our current situation who think Grealish isn't even good enough for the bench. :crylaugh:

Well at this moment in time, he isn't. For whatever reason, lambert doesn't see him as the right choice, and he makes the decisions.

Il admit we've seen enough to know that he won't make the situation any worse however, we've seen nothing to suggest that hel make it the slightest bit better.

Let me get this right....we can't win, we can't score, we can't even get any shots on target and there's people in our current situation who think Grealish isn't even good enough for the bench. :crylaugh: 

By this logic, we should play the entire u21 team.

You still have to be good enough. Maybe Grealish just isn't. Yet.

And how can we see that if he never really plays or just get a short period at the end of a game?

Again, you could say this about any player not currently in the squad.

It's Salifou syndrome.

And how can we see that if he never really plays or just get a short period at the end of a game?

There will be a reason why he doesn't play the full games.

I would imagine that Paul lambert knows his capabilities from training and whether we agree with Paul lambert or not, his decision to not play grealish will be for the good of aston villa and grealish. Or certainly his intentions will be...

All this is, is fans who get a bit excited about some kid they've heard is mint, watched a few YouTube videos where he's skinning some atrocious defending and think that he's the solution to the shambolic state we find ourselves in. He's not I assure you. He won't make it any worse so there is no reason he can't play in that sense, but are we really going to pick players on the basis that it can't get any worse.

Give me a game, I wouldn't make it THAT much worse.

It's Salifou syndrome.

We've seen what the vast majority of the squad can do.

This isn't just picking some random player, we know grealish has been excellent at every level of football he's played at so far. We know there's a reason big clubs were linked with him in the press not long back and why the Irish national team would love him to commit to them.

The boy clearly has talent, is the answer to all our problems? No of course not. But is he going to develop not even sitting on the bench?

He has something different to other players on our bench, he may be able to offer something on the pitch while also getting the chance to develop.

What's the benefit for us and him for him to be sitting in the stands?

All this is, is fans who get a bit excited about some kid they've heard is mint, watched a few YouTube videos where he's skinning some atrocious defending and think that he's the solution to the shambolic state we find ourselves in.

Yes we possibly couldn't understand the situation like you. Us mindless idiots believing everything YouTube tells us.

No it's just that you can only introduce kids to a winning team...

No, you don't. Otherwise, only the best teams would ever be able to bring through youth players. If Grealish is going to be so mentally fragile that he won't be able to cope with some bad results, then he'll never be a success at this club. When those that get picked ahead of him continually underperform and offer very little, he deserves the chance to prove that he can offer better. It is a basic meritocratic principle.

All this is, is fans who get a bit excited about some kid they've heard is mint, watched a few YouTube videos where he's skinning some atrocious defending and think that he's the solution to the shambolic state we find ourselves in.

Yes we possibly couldn't understand the situation like you. Us mindless idiots believing everything YouTube tells us.

Well if you want to put words in my mouth then that's up to you.

All I know is there isn't a great deal of evidence to support the belief behind him.

All I know is there isn't a great deal of evidence to support the belief behind him.

Putting words in your mouth? He's simply stated what you'd written in your post, brainless idiot part heavily implied by the general belittling tone.

Putting words in your mouth? He's simply stated what you'd written in your post, brainless idiot part heavily implied by the general belittling tone.

Not what I implied at all.

Hopeful/naive perhaps, but brainless idiot - not at all.

I reiterate my point that there is very little evidence to support the belief in this kid. So other than hear say/YouTube, I'm not sure what ppl are basing it on?

Certainly not the handful of appearances he has made for the first team because he did very little.

Reserve games and how he performed last season? Youtube is certainly not the only way people could be gauging him.

There is never really going to be tons of evidence to suggest a youth player is going to make a certain impact, apart from giving them a decent chance.

Personally I'm too fussed either way whether Grealish gets a start but we don't have a lot of options and the way we're lining up now is clearly ineffective so I don't think it's ridiculous at all that some people are calling for our hottest prospect to get a chance to stake his claim.

Reserve games and how he performed last season? Youtube is certainly not the only way people could be gauging him.

There is never really going to be tons of evidence to suggest a youth player is going to make a certain impact, apart from giving them a decent chance.

Personally I'm too fussed either way whether Grealish gets a start but we don't have a lot of options and the way we're lining up now is clearly ineffective so I don't think it's ridiculous at all that some people are calling for our hottest prospect to get a chance to stake his claim.

I'm not saying that is ridiculous. I'm suggesting that the ridiculing of others who perhaps don't see him as good enough (baring in mind he can't get into the team) and the ott belief in him (by some - I actually remember someone saying a year or so ago that he was worth 25m given his potential) are a bit wide of the mark IMO.

It's Salifou syndrome.

I'm not calling for him to start games every single week but maybe it's something that needs to be done with our lack of creativity. Remember when we threw Albrighton in and he was excellent for 5 months? What I see every week is we're dire to watch, hardly create anything and don't often score so I don't think Grealish would do much worse, I really don't.

Our last bench at West Ham had two centre backs and two utility players on it, you can't be serious when you're saying there's no room on the bench.

It's Salifou syndrome.

I'm not calling for him to start games every single week but maybe it's something that needs to be done with our lack of creativity. Remember when we threw Albrighton in and he was excellent for 5 months? What I see every week is we're dire to watch, hardly create anything and don't often score so I don't think Grealish would do much worse, I really don't.

Our last bench at West Ham had two centre backs and two utility players on it, you can't be serious when you're saying there's no room on the bench.

And what happened with albrighton?

Yes I know, he got found out once Young and Downing left and teams wised up to him the following season. You can't deny though he was brilliant as unknown quantity between August-December 2010, Evra didn't have a clue who he was and got annihilated in the Man. United game.

Ah so because Albrighton didn't succeed, Jack won't.

Sound logic.

Ahh because albrighton was great for 5 months, jack will be.

Sound logic!

I was debating a point made by another poster who implied that because albrighton was good for 5 months, we should throw grealish in there.

If you read the full debate then you would be aware of that.

Â