The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t rule out a move abroad for Grealish, he would excel in Spain for example even more than he does now. Why do you think his choices are limited?

English players rarely venture abroad, they just dont.  Maybe it is something in the English psyche that we dont like moving abroad football wise, maybe because the PL is so competitive and is the best league but English players just tend not to go abroad and then very few succeed who do or at least struggle although there are a few that do great. 

Will Jack go abroad, I just dont see it.  I have no inside knowledge but just dont see him as that type of player that would do that.

"Why do you think his choices are limited?" not because of talent at all.  I think just how the league is at the moment.  You go through each team in the league and there is an argument why not. 

He should be in great demand given his talent but maybe

• his price tag puts people off and that we dont need to sell,
  • maybe his antics have put people off,
  • I heard that people outside of Villa didnt know what Jack's proper position is so how to fit him in...where in midfield or attack does he fit 
  • that there are players in the league that are similar to him like Foden, Madison and Mount
  • he's only had one season in the PL of notice (yes I know he played before we got relegated in PL)
  • some of the managers generally focus more on foreign talent rather than local talent....maybe that is price again.

Whose knows but the only serious link we've had is Man Utd, other managers have only said he's a great talent.  Maybe that's keeping their cards close to their chest but I just look around the Premier League and struggle to see who would pay the money for him at this time.  Maybe Jack prominence has just come at the wrong time for him to get that special move.  Hence why I think he'll stay at Villa, maybe another season or two because the right opportunity will arise because they always do.  Hopefully in that time, we'll avoid relegation and then invest in the team and show him that we can be a better force in the Premier League. 

It's similar to Zaha whose 'stuck' at Palace, he's a real talent but he isnt going anywhere any time soon because of price or opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks for correcting me, still a ridiculous fee for a player that hasn’t had 1 completed Premier League season on his CV (Grealish I mean)

but as I mentioned above, I have noted players that havent completed a full season or season in a poor league but gone for figures the same as we are asking or more.  So we have a benchmark and as OBE has said Spurs are looking for 200m for Kane and they paid all that money for Maguire, 64m for Fernandes from a poorer league.  I mean Man U paid up to 58m for Martial back in 2015 who had only just played a full season at Monaco. 

If Man U are prepared to pay 100m for Sancho as reports suggest, why is Grealish not worth 80m?

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

English players rarely venture abroad, they just dont.  Maybe it is something in the English psyche that we dont like moving abroad football wise, maybe because the PL is so competitive and is the best league but English players just tend not to go abroad and then very few succeed who do or at least struggle although there are a few that do great. 

Will Jack go abroad, I just dont see it.  I have no inside knowledge but just dont see him as that type of player that would do that.

"Why do you think his choices are limited?" not because of talent at all.  I think just how the league is at the moment.  You go through each team in the league and there is an argument why not. 

He should be in great demand given his talent but maybe

• his price tag puts people off and that we dont need to sell,
  • maybe his antics have put people off,
  • I heard that people outside of Villa didnt know what Jack's proper position is so how to fit him in...where in midfield or attack does he fit 
  • that there are players in the league that are similar to him like Foden, Madison and Mount
  • he's only had one season in the PL of notice (yes I know he played before we got relegated in PL)
  • some of the managers generally focus more on foreign talent rather than local talent....maybe that is price again.

Whose knows but the only serious link we've had is Man Utd, other managers have only said he's a great talent.  Maybe that's keeping their cards close to their chest but I just look around the Premier League and struggle to see who would pay the money for him at this time.  Maybe Jack prominence has just come at the wrong time for him to get that special move.  Hence why I think he'll stay at Villa, maybe another season or two because the right opportunity will arise because they always do.  Hopefully in that time, we'll avoid relegation and then invest in the team and show him that we can be a better force in the Premier League. 

It's similar to Zaha whose 'stuck' at Palace, he's a real talent but he isnt going anywhere any time soon because of price or opportunity. 

In order to realise his full potential, he will need to leave Aston Villa be it this Summer or whenever

Neves was being linked with a £80m move to Man City and Juventus at the beginning of last season, Wolves said they wouldn't sell for less than £100m, he'd hardly played in the premier league at that point, and I know they play different positions but Neves has been nowhere as good as Grealish in the top flight. Sticking to the Wolves theme it would probably cost around £80m to buy Adama at the moment, Maddison who isn't as consistent as a performer as Grealish would cost more, I certainly wouldn't swap him for either of those two. We shouldn't under value our best players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Neves was being linked with a £80m move to Man City and Juventus at the beginning of last season, Wolves said they wouldn't sell for less than £100m, he'd hardly played in the premier league at that point, and I know they play different positions but Neves has been nowhere as good as Grealish in the top flight. Sticking to the Wolves theme it would probably cost around £80m to buy Adama at the moment, Maddison who isn't as consistent as a performer as Grealish would cost more, I certainly wouldn't swap him for either of those two. We shouldn't under value our best players.

By the same token, we shouldn’t overvalue them either

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Man U are prepared to pay 100m for Sancho as reports suggest, why is Grealish not worth 80m?

I think player prices will drop once the Summer transfer opens !! Having said that,  I believe Jack is worth top end money if he moves this year, I just don't know what top end coin will translate to in this crazy mixed up mess. 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In order to realise his full potential, he will need to leave Aston Villa be it this Summer or whenever

I disagree but let’s follow your logic, then still somebody has to be interested, Jack has to be interested in them and then somebody has to pay our fee (not a lower fee they want to pay) and that’s if we sell him (I don’t think we will).

Slim chance!

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think player prices will drop once the Summer transfer opens !! Having said that,  I believe Jack is worth top end money if he moves this year, I just don't know what top end coin will translate to in this crazy mixed up mess. 

Why would we ask for less? We don’t need to sell him.  If clubs have less money to spend that’s their issue.  We aren’t fitting around their budgets. Only clubs that are struggling for money will have to sell their players cheaper, we aren’t in that boat.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I disagree but let’s follow your logic, then still somebody has to be interested, Jack has to be interested in them and then somebody has to pay our fee (not a lower fee they want to pay) and that’s if we sell him (I don’t think we will).

Slim chance!

Pep Guardiola talked him up, when someone like that speaks about one of our players you automatically sit up and take notice. He’s clearly an admirer 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Pep Guardiola talked him up, when someone like that speaks about one of our players you automatically sit up and take notice. He’s clearly an admirer 

Doesn’t mean he’ll spend 80m on him when he has Foden coming through the ranks, B Silva and De Bruyne especially when he has noted that hes focusing on defensive frailties.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Doesn’t mean he’ll spend 80m on him when he has Foden coming through the ranks, B Silva and De Bruyne especially when he has noted that hes focusing on defensive frailties.

I think he’ll end up going for a lot less than £80m

Best Grandpa Simpson GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can’t we just value them accurately?

The correct value will only be established when another team matches Grealish’s worth according to the owners at Villa. That could be £50m or it could be £100m. Who knows? Whatever values are bid and rejected or possibly accepted, fans will argue whether it’s a correct value, but how is ‘accuracy’ determined?

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can’t we just value them accurately?

How?

We don’t need to sell, the club who want him need to make it worth while.  I personally still wouldn’t sell him for 80m, and I don’t think the owners will either.

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can’t we just predict their potential them accurately?

Fixed for you 😉

I have to say SGC, for all the OTT love you have bestowed upon the likes of Ethan Moore, Delfouneso and Hepburn-Murphy you have never really got behind Grealish - who was clearly the most talented player coming through from academy for many many years. 

did he sleep with your significant other/mother or knock you back or something? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

The correct value will only be established when another team matches Grealish’s worth according to the owners at Villa. That could be £50m or it could be £100m. Who knows? Whatever values are bid and rejected or possibly accepted, fans will argue whether it’s a correct value, but how is ‘accuracy’ determined?

When 2 clubs come to an agreement to a transfer

Â