The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Let's be clear he's done wrong, he know's it and will pay for it in fines, a battered reputation and a loss of an England place.

However, there comes a point where the abuse towards him (however fair it may be) needs to stop.

We saw earlier this year what can happen when someone is hounded in the media. Time to move on, there are bigger things in the world right now.

[image removed by mods - breached site guidelines]

Edited by blandy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

Some place between 

Grumpy Cat memes | quickmeme

and

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I recently bought a Grealish nameset for my 17/18 top. Not sure I'll be customizing it now. Not gonna be walking around in public with this fool's jersey on, to quote DeRay Davis :lol:

11 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Let's be clear he's done wrong, he know's it and will pay for it in fines, a battered reputation and a loss of an England place.

However, there comes a point where the abuse towards him (however fair it may be) needs to stop.

We saw earlier this year what can happen when someone is hounded in the media. Time to move on, there are bigger things in the world right now.

Yes time to move on. It’s understandable that people were angry and disappointed in him initially but got to forgive and forget. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This is what was winding me up and why I ended up posting so much. 

I was quite stunned to see how quick people were trying to dismiss it. Even saying let's wait for the facts, when it was pretty obvious, IMO wouldn't have happened for other players and only did because its captain Jack. 

I don't really get it. 

I don't understand why you're surprised that people wanted to wait for the facts before crucifying the best player we've produced for decades and the current club captain.

People like him. He's very good at football. He's our captain. Nobody is defending what he's done, but people didn't want this to be true so they wanted to wait for the facts to come out before slagging him off.

I genuinely don't understand why you're surprised or bothered about that. 

If my best mate got into this situation I wouldn't be slagging him off or crucifying him before I knew what had actually happened either. Whereas if some random guy got in this situation then I probably would. People have allegiances and give leeway to some people and not others.

I don't understand why you don't understand this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand why you're surprised that people wanted to wait for the facts before crucifying the best player we've produced for decades and the current club captain.

People like him. He's very good at football. He's our captain. Nobody is defending what he's done, but people didn't want this to be true so they wanted to wait for the facts to come out before slagging him off.

I genuinely don't understand why you're surprised or bothered about that. 

If my best mate got into this situation I wouldn't be slagging him off or crucifying him before I knew what had actually happened either. Whereas if some random guy got in this situation then I probably would. People have allegiances and give leeway to some people and not others.

I don't understand why you don't understand this.

I get the best mate thing. I don't get the because he's a football player I like thing. It makes no sense to me. Even more so in the current climate. 

And while I wouldn't be slagging off my best mate, when some things are so obvious i wouldn't ignore it because he was my best mate. 

Edited by DCJonah

26 minutes ago, spiezels said:

“Somebody else’s problem” do me a favour mate, he single handedly got us promoted.

The lad deserves some credit. People make mistakes. I know I have, they just don’t get plastered all over the newspapers. 

People need to calm the **** down.  

McGrath is God, he made plenty of mistakes.

I think the lockdown aspect of this gets forgotten. 

That's the thing that's pissed me off the most. Everyone has done stupid things but in these unprecedented times, to me that elevates it. Even more so when he's telling everyone they should be staying in

• Like 1

to all the people who have made up their minds that he crashed his car because he was drunk or on drugs,  based on unsubstantiated eyewitnesses, circumstantial evidence and red top headlines I offer an alternative theory:

Jack has dedicated his life to one thing - football. His education, hobbies, relationships have all been compromised in one way or other as a result. In other words, take away football and be has bugger all else to occupy himself.

He was invited to a mates, went because he was bored. THIS WAS A BAD THING. No denying that. Then it is entirely feasible he went there , stayed up all night playing computer games, listening to music, or a million other things you can do hanging out with mates.

Then he threw his flip flops/ slippers back on, tried to drive home and crashed because driving a massive, 3 tonne car with incorrect footwear whilst knackered is more difficult than anticipated.

One "eyewitness" said the car wasnt driveable at that stage so Jack, tired and fed up, left his details and buggered off home rather than stand around being interviewed by police whilst every neighbour with a mobile phone could photograph and video the entire scene.

I dont know what version of event is true. And no version paints Jack in a particularly good light. However I am conscious that to assume the worst is unfair and dangerous.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the lockdown aspect of this gets forgotten. 

That's the thing that's pissed me off the most. Everyone has done stupid things but in these unprecedented times, to me that elevates it. Even more so when he's telling everyone they should be staying in

That depends on people's opinion of the lock down which is wide and varied 

I'm sure I've seen you say something before about kids not seeing grandparents, I can tell you my brothers kids stayed at my mom's at the weekend (their mom works nights at tesco) it's impacting people in a lot of different ways 

Personally apart from the video making him look a dick I'm not that pissed off by it, it's also a mistake that the likes of Mount have made 

Its the drinking with McCormack that does piss me off 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That depends on people's opinion of the lock down which is wide and varied 

I'm sure I've seen you say something before about kids not seeing grandparents, I can tell you my brothers kids stayed at my mom's at the weekend (their mom works nights at tesco) it's impacting people in a lot of different ways 

Personally apart from the video making him look a dick I'm not that pissed off by it, it's also a mistake that the likes of Mount have made 

Its the drinking with McCormack that does piss me off 

Yeah I get that people are experiencing the lockdown in different ways. 

I'm finding it really **** tough so I can't just ignore that aspect of it when it comes to this. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I get the best mate thing. I don't get the because he's a football player I like thing. It makes no sense to me. Even more so in the current climate. 

And while I wouldn't be slagging off my best mate, when some things are so obvious i wouldn't ignore it because he was my best mate. 

But literally nobody ignored it. All anyone said was don’t crucify the guy before we knew what happened. 

Again I don’t understand why you have such an issue with that. 

• Like 1

DC - do you think the way this story got to us would have a say in the way people reacted?

There used to be a time where stories like arrived in a newspaper, they were a finished article, something to be digested rather than examined - with this story originating initially from the twitter account of someone whose middle name was KRO, I think you can understand a certain amount of questioning of its legitimacy when it arrived.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But literally nobody ignored it. All anyone said was don’t crucify the guy before we knew what happened. 

Again I don’t understand why you have such an issue with that. 

I don't think you had to crucify him straight away. But it was pretty obvious he'd done wrong. I mean you didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see it. 

And people only took that stance because it was jack grealish. As I explained above I don't get that. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

DC - do you think the way this story got to us would have a say in the way people reacted?

There used to be a time where stories like arrived in a newspaper, they were a finished article, something to be digested rather than examined - with this story originating initially from the twitter account of someone whose middle name was KRO, I think you can understand a certain amount of questioning of its legitimacy when it arrived.

Maybe. 

But if had it been luiz, wesley or el ghazi would it have been the same? 

If it had been a prem player from another team would it have been the same? 

Â