The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't know if the latter part of this is genuine or if you're trying to be funny but you don't tend to apologise to people whilst still making a dig if there's any element of sincerity about it.

We fundamentally disagree on everything - it's not just Managers, but that's cool, shit happens and I certainly don't want or need an apology, I doubt I'm 'right' all the time as much as I doubt I'm 'wrong' all the time so the truth probably sits somewhere between our two ends of the spectrum (on any given issue).

I suggest the best foot forward is to return to ignoring eachother.

No I wasn't trying to be funny and don't see any dig in there. It's a genuine apology for clashing over so much on an internet forum. It seems daft to me now and I shouldn't have responded to your post earlier. 

I agree with the last part. 

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

At 24 years old I personally was as dumb as a sack full of hammers so while not condoning Jacks behaviour, I can certainly understand it. A big bag of money & unlimited tail would have killed me at 24.

At 24 I was in the Army, surrounded by other 24 year old. We had matured by that age and knew what any negative actions of ours might have on those around us. We also respected any legal or moral rules that were in force. This talk of "he's only 24" tells us how far the human race has progressed (we are going backwards as we age, not forward).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Be that as it may, those knuckle dragging scumbags arent to blame, Jack Grealish is.

If a couple of Villa fans took pictures of *insert name of shithouse Bluenose player* then we'd be having a right giggle about it.

Yes unfortunately despite Jack's clear footballing ability, he doesn't seem to have very much at all between his ears sadly. 

Those muppets down the road were merely taking advantage of the situation (if indeed it was them).

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

At 24 I was in the Army, surrounded by other 24 year old. We had matured by that age and knew what any negative actions of ours might have on those around us. We also respected any legal or moral rules that were in force. This talk of "he's only 24" tells us how far the human race has progressed (we are going backwards as we age, not forward).

100% agree   it shows just how much the human race has regressed. 24 is not a kid and he is captain of our football club and with it comes responsibility of behaving like a responsible adult.  It’s embarrasing for the club and for football in general.

like I wrote before he can redeem himself by showing by doing something good. 

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Had social media been around 25 years ago and everyone went around with a camera I doubt very much I'd have gotten to see too much of the likes of Merson and McGrath. They'd have been on the front of the rags pretty much every week and based on this thread there may well have been enough of us to force them out the club.

Grealish has messed up. As things stand he is guilty of breaking government instructions to only leave the house for essential reasons. I am sure there are hundreds of thousands of other selfish fools who have done similar over the last few days but him being so high profile and in a position to influence others compounds what he has done.

As for the car accident and hearsay about him being drunk until proven otherwise it is not for us to say if he was even driving the car or drunk. I'd imagine if those allegations are being made the Police will investigate and if he is charged we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

You seem to have mistaken my post as being serious and not a parody of the current cancel culture that exists. 

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Had social media been around 25 years ago and everyone went around with a camera I doubt very much I'd have gotten to see too much of the likes of Merson and McGrath. They'd have been on the front of the rags pretty much every week and based on this thread there may well have been enough of us to force them out the club.

Grealish has messed up. As things stand he is guilty of breaking government instructions to only leave the house for essential reasons. I am sure there are hundreds of thousands of other selfish fools who have done similar over the last few days but him being so high profile and in a position to influence others compounds what he has done.

As for the car accident and hearsay about him being drunk until proven otherwise it is not for us to say if he was even driving the car or drunk. I'd imagine if those allegations are being made the Police will investigate and if he is charged we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

This last paragraph is where we are at. 

Good post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s brought out the football tribalism in me. 

So many noses desperately tweeting WMP and going on about mythical CCTV footage, that I’ve gone from thinking we should throw the book at him, to wanting him to get away with it all, just to shut them up. 

Many of these are the same noses that were cheering and clapping like idiots when that scumbag ran onto the pitch and attacked him. Just shows how obsessed with us they are that all they have to cheer about is when something bad happens to us. Bless them. (that goes for the other two clubs who think we're their rivals too).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

And the Brazilian president is dismissing it all as just a cold.

He said that over 60's were at risk but not him because he is an athlete.

Here is the athlete doing a push-up...

Bolsonaro GIFs | Tenor

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 3

Nobody can dispute his talent or performances this season. Our best player by a mile and this will blow over, but he’s got to act like a responsible adult off the pitch as well. You hear of a barbecue party in Derby. A small section of society are not behaving in a responsible way and putting us all at greater risk, so it can’t be tolerated and I’m sure if will be cracked down upon more severely by the police in coming weeks.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I doubt very much even if was intoxicated the police will have sufficient proof that he was the driver of the vehicle, so he will get away with that. 

Absolutely. 

Getting out of there destroys any case they could make. 

36 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Don’t know if this has been said but this would sort him out. He needs a misses. That would sort him out, he wouldn’t be allowed to anything. 

I thought he already did. Weren't there stories of him and McGinn going out with their other halves every Thursday for a meal?

I think people have done more despicable things off the pitch and still played football. Sure is a top 6 player who killed a friend in a drink driving incident and its never mentioned when he plays.

It will be the same for Jack he did something stupid and he got caught, for me this matter is dropped unless a police investigation takes place. If anything him getting caught will make other players think twice before going out and I guarantee he wasnt the only footballer out and about during lockdown

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think people have done more despicable things off the pitch and still played football. Sure is a top 6 player who killed a friend in a drink driving incident and its never mentioned when he plays.

It will be the same for Jack he did something stupid and he got caught, for me this matter is dropped unless a police investigation takes place. If anything him getting caught will make other players think twice before going out and I guarantee he wasnt the only footballer out and about during lockdown

Marcos Alonso.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Postmen are Still out delivering junk mail, shop workers are still having to go to work to sell all manner of nine essential goods. Everyday hundreds and thousands of people are out and about  ... The lock down was brought in to slow the pace of this so not to overwhelm the NHS. I’d also point out in a any given year regular flu can kill 500,000+ globally... I think some perspective about the dangers is required. At the frontline of the NHS it is awful I accept that completely and they deserve a better government. 

He will rightly be fined and warned about his behaviour. He went out and got caught and has faced consequences. That’s the end of it for me. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to set myself up as defying the best medical experts in the country and thats where the Government get their advice......There is bound to  be exceptions in a 65 million population, with a varying batch of personalities and intellect.....but I find it self serving to say the rest of the country have sacrificed their liberty in aid of suppressing a killer disease and then for some to say "well most of the country is doing it, so I will say san fairy ann to the rules...one don't matter."

Its not for each individual to be judge and jury on this pandemic......its just a simple case of doing as we are told, by people much better equipped intellectually, to tell us.................... without question.

I guess some folk just can't do as they are told, despite the consequences.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, VillaBrum said:

BRAVO.

needed to be said.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Yes. He was seemingly not socially isolating, as per Gov't and club instruction. His car was damaged in an incident where the driver hit parked cars. He's behaved like an utter idiot. Once the car damage was done, he behaved correctly in exchanging details. Overall he's done some serious damage to what was a changed reputation. He'd gone from an irresponsible Jack the Lad, mixing with the wrong people, to a model captain. And now he's gone back to the old, wreckless fool, misbehaving, irresponsible, astoundingly dumb. It's not a hanging offence, it's just really really stupid. Who you are and how you act as a person matters, especially people in the public eye. It's nothing to do with being an extraordinarily gifted footballer. It's about being a good human. He is a good human, but he's been an utter idiot.

This is it.

He's going to have to suck up being a punchbag for a long time and he deserves it.

As it is quiet, there's some people really whipping themselves up trying to be upset in different ways. The stuff about young people being a problem is pure old man yells at cloud.

Â