The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really need to argue the case and not the person. 

Fwiw I've been betting against the Villa for 25 years. It always pays off. Either I have a good weekend or I make some money. 

I did and ended up part of a butthurt club. 

If you been betting against us for 25 years you must be minted!!  Lucky for you we’ve been shit for the majority of that time.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's quite easy to defend as I just don't think replacing him would be very difficult. Which is proven by his below par performances. He is quite some away from the quality of for instance Maddison who has already been mentioned. 

No it wouldnt lets just go out and buy de bruyne as he is the only player to have created more chances this season in the prem. I have noticed how you have avoided that stat everytime i have put it to you. 

The fact you want to replace him is utterly baffeling in itself.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think at this point in time Maddison is better in almost every single department, especially passing and vision. I'm sure Grealish can close that gap over time but not clear to me he will ever been a superior to Maddison.

If tge stories are true then Maddison might be doing something Jack will never do

Get an Ireland cap 😂

• Haha 1

Last 5-10 pages summed up below.

Poster 1 - ‘’I think jack has been shit’’

Poster 2 ’’I disagree he could probably do better but has been fine’’

Poster 1 - ’’No point debating with you because you’re part of the Grealish fan club’’

Rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

Just to put things in perspective.

Last match we were playing direct. Our midfield got surpassed in parts of the game.

Edited to save long quote...

Jack is capable of more, but did he have a poor game? Far from it. 

Superb post. Glad someone took the time to squash the ‘Jacks doing nothing’ Nonsense. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971502566ff59c90b204

• Thanks 1

Jack didn't really stack up with a lot of assists and goals last season either.

When he was out injured is when i realized how much he brings to the table. I thought for sure people would have learned how much better he makes us. What was it? 11 games without a win last season when Jack was out. He returns and we "magically" go on a 10 game winning run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really need to argue the case and not the person. 

Fwiw I've been betting against the Villa for 25 years. It always pays off. Either I have a good weekend or I make some money. 

The season we went down under Lambert with 3 wins.....you must have bought Mansion on Roman Rd ,Four Oaks.....next to Gabby.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The season we went down under Lambert with 3 wins.....you must live in Mansion on Roman Rd ,Four Oaks.....next to Gabby.

Sounds genius, You win either way unless draw.

Villa win you remain happy. Villa lose you at least get some cash for it.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Sounds genius, You win either way unless draw.

Villa win you remain happy. Villa lose you at least get some cash for it.

So, after the 10 game run last season.......he must have been on the Borra!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skruff said:

Just to put things in perspective.

Last match we were playing direct. Our midfield got surpassed in parts of the game.

We had a total possession of 35%. 85% of our total possession was in the Opponents final third. 

We made 219/301 passes. A 73% accuracy. 94 of them were in the opponents half and 41 in the final third, at roughly 77% accuracy. 

I think it's fair the conclude we played with a direct approach, in an attempt to run in behind Evertons defence.(Also shows us how flexible Dean Smith is, and how willing he is to change the approach to games in order to exploit opponents weakness) 

Now, how did Jack Grealish do? When the plan was to utilise Wesley and our wingers. A game where we in parts, play the ball over his head. What's his numbers compared to the teams total. Or even McGinn who's being applauded for his performance(rightly so) . I'll put McGinns numbers next to Jacks. 

Touches:                             Pases received:

Total: 56 vs 47                   Total: 27 vs 24  

In Opp. Half: 38 vs 25       In Opp half: 18 vs 25

In Final Third: 15 vs 15     In Final third: 8 vs 9

Dribbling:               Take ons:   

Total: 2 each        Total: 2 each               

Retention:

Disspossed: 2 each. 

Tackled: 2 each. 

Goal threat:

Penalty area touches: 1 vs 2

Goal attempts: 2 vs 0

Distribution:

Total Passes: 41 vs 28. Successful 88% vs 84%.

Passes in opponents half: 24 vs14. Successful 89% vs 82%.

Passes in Final Third: 9 vs 10. Successful 90% vs 83%

Crosses: 0 vs 1. Successful: 0 vs 100%

Chances created: 1 each. 

Asssits: 0 vs 1

Defending

Arial duels: 0 vs 2 won: 0

Tackles: 5 vs 6 won: 20% vs 50%

Interceptions: 1 vs 2

Recoveries: 8 vs 6

Clearances: 0 vs 1

Jack's and McGinn scompliment each other very well. Statistically they performed quite equal to each other. One was a bit weaker in the areas the other was stronger. 

Quite roughly Jack's behind 1/5 passes being made at a very high accuracy, in all ereas of the pitch. In a game where we took an direct approach. He's more or less involved in every offensive action/chance created during the game, that's not a long ball. Look at the highlights.

Who won the free kick, to take it quickly, between the legs of two Everton players. In what's a perfect pass into space to Guilbert who comes on a run from behind him? Which then leads to Wesley's goal? That's Jack. He's the one who usually changes the tempo in the game and finds a pass that makes the other team unbalanced. It doesn't give him goals or assists but it leads to it. 

It's also quite clear that McGinn has been instructed to make those deep runs, even behind the defence. While Jack is holding back, more centrally. Dictating the play, when we weren't going route one. 

There was someone who said he was pretty much doing the same job as Luiz at the moment. That's just plain wrong. Luiz made 1 successful pass in the final third, Compared to Jack's 9. In total Jack made twice as many passes. Recieved the ball twices as many times, three times as many in the final third. Not comparable by a stretch. 

Saying he had a poor game simply because he didn't have a assist or goal is very simplistic. For me it's equal to saying Mings had a poor game vs Tottenham because we conceded. 

Jack is capable of more, but did he have a poor game? Far from it. 

Great post and pretty much how I saw the game. Jacks role is no longer an attacking midfield. We can’t have that luxury anymore where he can remain further forward for a lot of the game. 

He is pretty much all over the pitch now and doing a good job for us. The great thing is we all know there’s even more to come from him. 

• Like 2

Betting against Aston Villa would bring about the kind of cognitive dissonance I could do without.

It's almost a contradiction in terms and I am thinking it would bring about mental unrest and conflict of interest.

How could it not?

"I want to lose money so that the team I support wins"

"I want to win money from the loss of the team that I am supposed to want to win"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Betting against Aston Villa would bring about the kind of cognitive dissonance I could do without.

It's almost a contradiction in terms and I am thinking it would bring about mental unrest and conflict of interest.

How could it not?

"I want to lose money so that the team I support wins"

"I want to win money from the loss of the team that I am supposed to want to win"

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The season we went down under Lambert with 3 wins.....you must have bought Mansion on Roman Rd ,Four Oaks.....next to Gabby.

Yep. Was a fun run financially, that actually put off some of the relegation anger. Surprised this isn't something more people do. 

Â