The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Have to say i was furious when i saw him coming on. 

I still don't really get the decision. 

Tbf the game was like an exhibition match by then and he played that way.  It was probably less intense than a match in training at that stage. 

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

To give a player a bit of confidence who’s had a relatively tough start to the season after being so dominant last year? Top man management for me.

I didn't think he was lacking confidence in previous games. 

Unnecessary risk for me but not a huge deal now.. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf the game was like an exhibition match by then and he played that way.  It was probably less intense than a match in training at that stage. 

True but still a risk that didn't need taking. As above it doesn't matter now. Just didn't see the need. 

A nice cameo to get him off the mark. I wonder how much it plays on attacking players minds when they haven’t scored yet.

Like others though, I kind of wish he’d not been risked and instead we gave someone else a cameo.

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A nice cameo to get him off the mark. I wonder how much it plays on attacking players minds when they haven’t scored yet.

Like others though, I kind of wish he’d not been risked and instead we gave someone else a cameo.

At least he was able to help Davis get a goal too. That will be great for his confidence. 

• Like 1

I questioned the sub at the time but then in retrospect seeing what he did out there it was very smart from smith

also gave smith 15 minutes of a 3 man midfield with jack as a wide man but drifting wherever he wants (so was jota for most of the game) expect to see more of that this season

Finally some end product from him that was nice. Especially the cross right after he came on. 

I also find it weird he came on tbh. But I guess it can be several reasons. Maybe showing some respect to Crewe. Maybe Deano wanted Grealish to gain some confidence in his attacking play, that's been lacking. Maybe he genuinly thought there was a chance they could come back from 3-0. No idea.

What I don't really like is how is keeps baiting for unneeded fouls and free kicks tbh. Very often you see him shield the ball and slow down, only to get clipped, and at some point that will crock him good. It's okey in certain scenarios, but he really is overdoing it. Like a former Norwegian professional footballer said about Steffen Iversen (then Spurs - after about his 10th head injury), "some players just need to be taught to protect their body on the pitch". 

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Finally some end product from him that was nice. Especially the cross right after he came on. 

I also find it weird he came on tbh. But I guess it can be several reasons. Maybe showing some respect to Crewe. Maybe Deano wanted Grealish to gain some confidence in his attacking play, that's been lacking. Maybe he genuinly thought there was a chance they could come back from 3-0. No idea.

What I don't really like is how is keeps baiting for unneeded fouls and free kicks tbh. Very often you see him shield the ball and slow down, only to get clipped, and at some point that will crock him good. It's okey in certain scenarios, but he really is overdoing it. Like a former Norwegian professional footballer said about Steffen Iversen (then Spurs - after about his 10th head injury), "some players just need to be taught to protect their body on the pitch". 

It's a skill not many players in the world have. Defenders fall for it and clip him, and can't believe they clipped him and didn't get ball. Grealish has always done that and won't and shouldn't change. 

5 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

It's a skill not many players in the world have. Defenders fall for it and clip him, and can't believe they clipped him and didn't get ball. Grealish has always done that and won't and shouldn't change. 

That's just not true. Shielding the ball and baiting free kicks is something a bloody ton of players are good at (just have to watch different leagues than the English one), it just requires a bit of balance and technique, but I disagree it's a good thing doing it to the extent Grealish is doing it. At some point it will be utterly unnecessary and leave him properly ****. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's just not true. Shielding the ball and baiting free kicks is something a bloody ton of players are good at (just have to watch different leagues than the English one), it just requires a bit of balance and technique, but I disagree it's a good thing doing it to the extent Grealish is doing it. At some point it will be utterly unnecessary and leave him properly ****. 

And I bet you can't wait...... But me myself I'm happy with the way Jack plays, free kicks in dangerous area's, penalties here and there?, the players from the other teams he draws in to create space for others? No no no let's change him and lose his attributes! It'd be like taking the anger out of Roy Keane, you wouldn't have the same player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

And I bet you can't wait...... But me myself I'm happy with the way Jack plays, free kicks in dangerous area's, penalties here and there?, the players from the other teams he draws in to create space for others? No no no let's change him and lose his attributes! It'd be like taking the anger out of Roy Keane, you wouldn't have the same player

The snide comments are fairly predictable from you and a few others. Easier for to do that than debate what's actually written. 

But there's a difference between baiting a free kick outside the box, and leaving your leg trailing when you are passing the ball backwards in your own half. 

Anyway, once he's out for months due to this on a completely unneeded challenge you'll change your mind I guess. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don’t think these minor knocks are likely to injury him though. A lot of the time it relieves a lot of pressure on us.

On 26/08/2019 at 23:17, A'Villan said:

Don't mind me. I don't even bet. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the matter. Perhaps not worded as well as I'd intended.

That's great that you bet with amounts that are affordable. I only lend what I can afford to lose, so I can relate to the wisdom in that principle.

However the aim of placing a bet is in the hope that it comes good and you gain on your initial investment, yes?

So all I'm saying is I can't really understand why you bet against the team you support, as in doing so you are guaranteed disappointment one way or the other.

Villa wins, you're betting outcome is not what you wanted, Villa loses, then the outcome of the game is not what you wanted.

As I said, don't mind me, I just can't understand why of all the bets that can be made, why you'd choose that one.

Chuck £500 on Liverpool to beat us at anfield and the extra £100 in your pocket at the end of 90 minutes lessens the annoyance of what was more than likely a foregone conclusion anyway

Â