The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He laid it off to him.

In the time you took to write that post you could have typed villa v Bmouth highlights in google and seen for yourself. 

I actually googled douglas Luiz goal Bournemouth, but it didn't show. Either way the video you probably refer to is uk only. 

Thanks for the rocket polisher'esque responsen though. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is such utter horseshit. I've always praised Grealish when he deserved it, thus I will do the opposite when he doesn't. He was poor. He had numerous mistakes that led to counterattacks where we got off cheap. He is our captain and senior player and extremely well paid. He is always given the ball cause that's his role. Thus it's high expectations and demands. Criticism goes both ways. If the butthurt Grealish fan club can't handle that I really do hope we replace him with another player next summer. No player is above criticism. 

I've been reading three football forums tonight and all three are talking about how poor Grealish has been, so maybe it's a case of opening your eyes. 

I mean, you can criticize a player without calling a midfield performance that yielded 6 key passes and an assist "poor". Everything isn't black or white. If he's not amazing, that doesn't make him poor ffs. It wasn't his best and he was sloppy at times especially for his standards, but you're going way OTT.

Also, the Grealish fan club? So like, Aston Villa fans? And lol @ reading other fans' forums where the majority of them hate Grealish to begin with. They're always going to say he's poor, for silly reasons like his hair or his shin pads or some other dumb old guy irritants. The weird part is, some of our fans sound just like them.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is such utter horseshit. I've always praised Grealish when he deserved it, thus I will do the opposite when he doesn't. He was poor. He had numerous mistakes that led to counterattacks where we got off cheap. He is our captain and senior player and extremely well paid. He is always given the ball cause that's his role. Thus it's high expectations and demands. Criticism goes both ways. If the butthurt Grealish fan club can't handle that I really do hope we replace him with another player next summer. No player is above criticism. 

I've been reading three football forums tonight and all three are talking about how poor Grealish has been, so maybe it's a case of opening your eyes. 

"butthurt" ... "open your eyes" ... you're a Grealish Truther aren't you?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Very good player, but it's a big step up to the Prem. This idea that Southgate is somehow mental for not picking him as a Championship player for the England squad is barmy. 

Nah. Not when he was picking players who weren't playing at all ahead of him. Or sometimes playing left back and they're being picked CM ahead of Grealish running matches.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually don't. If anyone got a link that would be great. I seem to remember it was Jack having the ball wide, stalling and not making the delivery in time / or potentially have it as a set piece. Then it ended up at Luiz. But I only saw it once. I remember Jack losing possession a lot though, and generally being an empty shirt running around. 

Have you ever thought of following Rugby or Tennis. Maybe football is not the sport for you 😉

Just now, Zatman said:

Have you ever thought of following Rugby or Tennis. Maybe football is not the sport for you 😉

Just seen it now and I was correct. Grealish tried out wide didn't beat his man and passer backwards once again to avoid losing the ball. And people claim it's him "creating a chance" 😂😂😂😂😂

Worst bit are the people suggesting he should be our winger on here. He is just not good at being wide relatively speaking. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just seen it now and I was correct. Grealish tried out wide didn't beat his man and passer backwards once again to avoid losing the ball. And people claim it's him "creating a chance" 😂😂😂😂😂

Why are you putting such a deliberately negative slant on this?

Grealish doesn't even try to beat his man. He brings the ball into the box, dummies to take the man on and instead squares it to someone in a much better position who scores. Grealish's run into the box with the ball is what draws the Bournemouth midfielder towards him creating the space for Luiz.

I'm not sure what your definition of creating a chance is?

Edit: even if it was as you described it, why is passing the ball to avoid losing it a bad thing?! It's called recycling possession. I'd much rather all of our players did that then try passes that aren't on and lose the ball

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He created 6 chances yesterday, most by a PL player in a game this season

But our own fans are calling him shit 

Unbelievable 

He didn't score a hat-trick FFS. Bomb him out and make him train with the kids.

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Let me explain football to you. You're right, Luiz still has a lot to do, so it's not like Grealish has created a clear-cut scoring chance, but he has done a lot more than you realise.

Here's where he receives the ball. Notice where the Bournemouth midfielders are.

grealish_1.thumb.jpg.472aefff69e599e1abb37fe023a9a000.jpg

Now here's where he takes the ball. Have a look at where all the Bournemouth midfielders are now. The defenders have come deep and everyone is focused on Jack.

grealish_2.thumb.jpg.31da36919ee9624a4296ae920e132662.jpg

Now here's the situation when Douglas Luiz receives the ball. Look where the nearest Bournemouth player is. Why does he have so much space? Because of Jack's run.

grealish_3.thumb.jpg.8b7a6983a63a8237a2490f781221afd2.jpg

To someone who knows nothing about football and has never played it and likes to get their opinions from places where people say "butthurt", this might look like a very basic backward pass (and as we all know, passing backwards is the work of Satan).

But it's a well worked move, and one that Jack has done for us before (e.g. Hourihane's goal against West Brom). Most wingers would be too focused on beating the man and trying to drill a percentage ball into the six yard box.

It takes a lot of skill and awareness to be able to carry the ball that close to a defender and still be able to look up and pick a surprise pass. Jack makes it look quite easy.

Beautiful analysis 👌

• Like 3

Â