The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 18/09/2022 at 12:56, The_Steve said:

Scores once against a poor Wolves team and the BBC write how he's proved his critics "wrong". Laughable stuff.

Bit like some Villa fans after we’ve beaten the mighty Everton and Southampton, “Europe here we come”!.

• Haha 1

As it's boring:

“Manchester City winger Jack Grealish has told those close to him that he does not expect to remain at the club beyond next summer and has already asked his agent to search for potential suitors”

https://www.90min.com/posts/transfer-rumours-grealish-man-city-exit-psg-contact-kante-20-9-2022/partners/41099

Pochettino to " bring him home " 👀

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As it's boring:

“Manchester City winger Jack Grealish has told those close to him that he does not expect to remain at the club beyond next summer and has already asked his agent to search for potential suitors”

https://www.90min.com/posts/transfer-rumours-grealish-man-city-exit-psg-contact-kante-20-9-2022/partners/41099

All jokes aside, where can he realistically go?  His £300k a week wages means his options are pretty limited.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

All jokes aside, where can he realistically go?  His £300k a week wages means his options are pretty limited.

If reports at the time were to be believed, we were happy to match the wages Citeh were offering. Don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he ends up back here in a year or two tbh.

Think that article is a load of bollocks though, mind

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

If reports at the time were to be believed, we were happy to match the wages Citeh were offering. Don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he ends up back here in a year or two tbh.

Think that article is a load of bollocks though, mind

Even if that was true at the time, I can't see us offering that kind of wage to him now, as we have increased our  wage bill massively since Jack left.

Only way I can see him returning is in an Ashley Young type scenario when he's in his 30s, by which point his shins will probably have exploded.

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Even if that was true at the time, I can't see us offering that kind of wage to him now, as we have increased our  wage bill massively since Jack left.

Only way I can see him returning is in an Ashley Young type scenario when he's in his 30s, by which point his shins will probably have exploded.

I agree that we wouldn't match his wages now, but could see a scenario where some trickery goes on with part of the transfer fee going to him, and us paying him ~200k p/w

Certainly think we'd be in the conversation if he does leave City sooner rather than later. Have a feeling (based on nothing but a hunch) that he may have struggled being away from Birmingham. Newcastle definitely the more likely destination though

4 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I agree that we wouldn't match his wages now, but could see a scenario where some trickery goes on with part of the transfer fee going to him, and us paying him ~200k p/w

Certainly think we'd be in the conversation if he does leave City sooner rather than later. Have a feeling (based on nothing but a hunch) that he may have struggled being away from Birmingham. Newcastle definitely the more likely destination though

What sort of money would City be prepared to accept? I'd imagine it would be in the region of at least £60-70m?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As it's boring:

spacer.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Pretty much Newcastle or Chelsea in the PL - or Barca (they are 'skint' but could see it happen)

He isn't coming back here.

Â