The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

He'd have been better off going not a team who don't play in a rigid system, like Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal.

City or Liverpool (less so Liverpool) were the wrong choices.

I'd have him back here and I'd give him a piggyback down the M6 to do it.

No so much for the martyrdom, but because it's probably faster. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

No one (especially Villa) will pay him the kind of money he’s on so he’ll need to finish his contract.

Newcastle might, he would need to take a monster paycut to come here and his agent and dad as we have seen just wants the money

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle might, he would need to take a monster paycut to come here and his agent and dad as we have seen just wants the money

Yeah Newcastle might match it… but you’d want more to go there from City wouldn’t you? 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

City fans are still convinced based on one random snippet from some journo that we offered him more than they did 🙄

Idiots. One of my mates from junior school was a proper Man City fan (moved down here when he was four years old) he was humble and dedicated. He passed away last year aged just 53 and the last time I saw him before he died he said he had no connection with the club or the majority of the supporters that now followed his beloved club. I suspect the majority of the true lot feel exactly the same

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/02/2022 at 19:56, Follyfoot said:

Idiots. One of my mates from junior school was a proper Man City fan (moved down here when he was four years old) he was humble and dedicated. He passed away last year aged just 53 and the last time I saw him before he died he said he had no connection with the club or the majority of the supporters that now followed his beloved club. I suspect the majority of the true lot feel exactly the same

Was in Manchester last weekend and was in a small pub full of City fans before the game, mostly to hide from the rain.

Got chatting to a few and asked what it's like for them now. One said that when they've won the CL he'll probably lose interest, was about my age (30ish) and there with his dad and uncle. Said him and his mates are the last generation who remember what it was like before the takeover, and that he'll probably lose connection with the club over the next decade or so as the new generation of City fan becomes more prominent.

All a bit odd really, on the one hand he said he's loved all the success, but was very much aware that it's come at a cost.

None of them that I spoke to were sold on Grealish, although most expect him to improve next season. Have to wait and see on that one I guess. 

On 24/02/2022 at 20:43, A'Villan said:

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I felt for him when he went to City. He's one of us.

One of my favourite players of all time. End of.

You felt for him? WTF! I don’t begrudge Jack the move and have no issues with him. Nobody forced him to go and he’s been made a very rich man.

“Felt for him” JFC. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jim said:

You felt for him? WTF! I don’t begrudge Jack the move and have no issues with him. Nobody forced him to go and he’s been made a very rich man.

“Felt for him” JFC. 

For this exact reason.

You wonder how many people would be in his ear to take the money, the silverware and glory that City would have to offer?

Anyone and everyone who is thinking of what they would do in his position. 

Forgetting that it is his position, not theirs to assume.

Anyway I don't have much interest in a debate, and I certainly don't sympathise with Grealish for his pay package or the luxury he will be afforded for life, providing no dramatic downfalls occur.

I see your point, and its fine. I think you are missing the boat on mine and it's for that reason I do have some thoughts for Jack.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thug said:

I really really hope liverpool pip them to the title.

Even if City win the title, Jack will have been a complete passenger this season.  Yes he’ll celebrate and delight in winning the title but he contributed almost nothing to it.  

David Unsworth contributed more to Villa’s rich history than Jack will have contributed to Man City’s title win based on the season so far 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thug said:

I really really hope liverpool pip them to the title.

Not for me

I still have zero gobshite words removed who support man City in various WhatsApp groups compared to several "die hard" Liverpool fans 

I'll take man City winning the league and absolute silence over a summer of Liverpool fans in kiddy giving man utd fans in kiddy shit all summer 

• Like 2

Â