The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Gareth Bale also says hi!

At least Bale had shown up in games and scored some brilliant and crucial goals

but yes, a club hamstrung by their own generosity in awarding a ridiculous contract! 

Edited by theboyangel

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

But Cowans was a dedicated professional and brilliant wherever he went. 

Not a party boy taking his eye off the ball and failing to make the grade at his new club. 

It's an irrelevance, comparing apples with pears. 

Yes but Grealish always gave his all on the pitch for us.  Off the field different character but on the field not that different. 

13 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Guardiola is suffocating the unpredictability of Grealish. He doesn’t run with the ball, he doesn’t take people on that much, he barely does anything except receive it on the edge of the box and pass it back to the fullback.

Terrible move for him so far, but at least he’ll get a PL winners medal. 🤨

A 100 million Ashley Westwood 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah and me, can remember the CL final vs utd where he put messi down the middle and eto'o wide and fergie had no answer for it 

IMO that worked because the Barcelona squad at the time was much better, not because of some tactical genius. 

Pep has shown (post Barcelona) in the champions league that many of those seemingly crazy decisions simply do not work, they are just crazy. 

Edited by av1

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s a real eye opener reading tweets about Grealish, even the Man City fans are saying he has been crap. 

However on Twitter a few are saying, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo all took one season to settle in; the difference is one could argue Greal-hiss knows the PL well.

Like others have said he's another cog in their wheel and he's struggling because he doesn’t look better than the rest like he did at Villa.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Like others have said he's another cog in their wheel and he's struggling because he doesn’t look better than the rest like he did at Villa.

I think it’s worse than that, he doesn’t look involved.  Even the BBC player ratings had him last for them.  If he hadn’t been on the field it wouldn’t have made a difference.  The concerning part is he looks a shell of a footballer, not even struggling but worse.  He’d get the ball and then pass back to Ake.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s worse than that, he doesn’t look involved.  Even the BBC player ratings had him last for them.  If he hadn’t been on the field it wouldn’t have made a difference.  The concerning part is he looks a shell of a footballer, not even struggling but worse.  He’d get the ball and then pass back to Ake.

He was the lowest rank player of all the 22 players on the pitch last night on the bbc site. 

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Fan stats on BBC have Grealish as the worst player on the pitch, with 4.8/10 - the next lowest Man City player is Jesus on 5.98. Whoscored have him at 6.8/10 as the third worst City player, and Sofascore have him at 6.7/10 and the worst city player (and only 4 worse Brentford players). It was a very poor game from him, but I think the fan ratings probably tell a story of the expecations of a £100m player. He doesn't look worth half that in a City shirt. 

If Pep sells Sterling and Grealish is the replacement he wants his head looking at, and I'm no fan of Sterling. 

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

When Ferran Torres wanted to leave, pep said that City never stand in the way of a player if he wants out.

I don’t know how true that is, but it would be very interesting if Grealish wanted to leave at the end of the season. I don’t know Jack and if it’s purely money that floats his boat then he’ll stay, but I could potentially see part of him wanting to come back and play for Villa sooner rather than later. 

If there is a deal to be done, I wonder if we’d be interested? 

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

When Ferran Torres wanted to leave, pep said that City never stand in the way of a player if he wants out.

I don’t know how true that is, but it would be very interesting if Grealish wanted to leave at the end of the season. I don’t know Jack and if it’s purely money that floats his boat then he’ll stay, but I could potentially see part of him wanting to come back and play for Villa sooner rather than later. 

If there is a deal to be done, I wonder if we’d be interested? 

I don’t think it will be the end of this season, but I don’t think the idea that he’ll return to Villa in the next 2-3 seasons if things stay the way they are is too outlandish, I couldn’t see any other CL clubs taking him.

Zaha is the one that sticks out who did something similar.

Would you take him/how much would you pay?

5 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t think it will be the end of this season, but I don’t think the idea that he’ll return to Villa in the next 2-3 seasons if things stay the way they are is too outlandish, I couldn’t see any other CL clubs taking him.

Zaha is the one that sticks out who did something similar.

Would you take him/how much would you pay?

Our board dont like how he went to City and our manager wont accept a player like Grealish

So its probably a big NO

• Like 1

We'd all take him (some will say never again, then change their minds).

He won't come until he's pushing 30 and has some trophies in his cabinet - and that's assuming he's deemed a failure in 3 years time. 

If it works out for him as he hopes he'll try and come back when he's 33-35.

If he gets bombed out at City due to antics , Purslow and Gerrard won't take him back. He'll end up at Newcastle.

Â