The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

All this time we thought he was representing us at the Euros. Aston Villa's Jack Grealish. Yeah right. 

Kind of sickening, which I know is childish, but f*** me. It really feels like a betrayal. 

• Like 1

Just watched his video on his twitter page. Brought a tear to my eye, I don't mind admitting. 

Anyway...

Onwards and upwards

UTV

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Buendia could be our more humble, less glamour loving version of Jack. He is going to be a top player I reckon.

We have 4-5 players in this squad who can step up and be the new hero I think.

We'll never look back at this sociopath.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hope he does. I'd be letting months of anger out at that prick. If he does play, or even appear on the bench, I hope people make sure he knows what we think of him instead of acting lke le classy fans. **** him. 

There should be banners. And they should not be polite. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

His profile pic on Insta is still himself in a Villa shirt.

This transfer saga is by no means over.

He's been too busy admiring himself in the mirror, he'll get to it.

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

I'm really confused by the logic. We have 3 players to replace what jack bought to the team, but we can't play 12 outfield players can we? 

Well, firstly, Grealish forced the move, so we have no choice.

We can't replace him like-for-like, so we replace Jack and two 'lesser' players with three players who aren't as good as Jack, but cumulatively are as good as, or better than, the previous three...hopefully! 

Have you not been watching football very long? 😉

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Kind of sickening, which I know is childish, but f*** me. It really feels like a betrayal. 

How many Villa fans bought that England kit with #7 as soon as we found the Euro squad numbers? He was already off in his head.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just watched his video on his twitter page. Brought a tear to my eye, I don't mind admitting. 

Anyway...

Onwards and upwards

UTV

Same 

The stuff he says about Villa is as if it's what he's expected to say, but not actually what it means.

Let's face it. He probably wanted a move the season we lost the playoff final, he wanted to go last summer. I look back at those few games post lockdown when he looked like he could not give a shit. I know he scored the goal VS West Ham but there were a few games where his attitude was shocking. Really riles me.

Maybe I'll calm down upon further reflection but it all feels a bit false from him tbh.

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I called him the brightest star that I've seen in a Villa shirt, and that's MY humble opinion, but I'd hazard to guess it's one that many older heads agree with.

Not sure why you think I do Villa legends a disservice. Pretty sure they all agree that Grealish was a Villa phenomenon.

Anyway, Legend status is a different thing entirely. He's walked away from being able to achieve that now.

I would agree, one of the top ten most talented Villa players in my time of watching Villa (just under 40 years and counting)

In my book You don’t become a legend when you walk away from a job half way complete. Maybe if he had given one more year and we were nowhere near challenging  I would think differently.

It also doesn’t help that he has gone to Man City either. They have been the worst for taking our best players in the last few years. First Barry, then Milner, Delph and now Grealish. City are also one of the SL6 who not long ago were looking to tear up the Champions League format that Grealish is so desperate to participate in.

I don’t wish him Ill, and I probably wouldn’t boo him (unless he cheats us). He is now just another guy who will stand in the way of Villa’s efforts for glory.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

How many Villa fans bought that England kit with #7 as soon as we found the Euro squad numbers? He was already off in his head.

Not to mention how many kids got the new Villa shirt with his name and number on the back, all the while he knew he’d be off. He should personally reimburse every single one of those kids for a new shirt with a new effing name on the back.  

Â