The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

My guess is that £100 million number was agreed upon when jack signed the new deal last year just never formalized. 

So I guess Villa could behave like Levy and act like no agreement was ever made but I think we have chosen the more honorable path here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

If they're good enough, if they achieve enough they become heroes, legends, if he lifts those trophies, will his talent he can become our greatest ever player. 

He gets a statue all day long for me.

How many trophies does he have to win?  There's a certain romance in a Villa lad captaining us from the second tier to Europe and potentially a domestic cup win, but we don't have a statue commemorating any of our greatest glories. It'd take something absolutely massive for Grealish to get one before the squad of 81/82.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

My guess is that £100 million number was agreed upon when jack signed the new deal last year just never formalized. 

So I guess Villa could behave like Levy and act like no agreement was ever made but I think we have chosen the more honorable path here. 

Still begs the question, why are we negotiating? If the figure is clear and cut and dry then we tell City it's £100m up front or bog off. There shall be no negotiation or encore.

Fact of the matter is, if Jack goes and we replace him with say Jonathan David and he scored more than 10 goals in the season and the likes of Bailey and Buendia chip in with 10+ because we are no longer a one man band, would we miss Jack? He doesn't score lots of goals so if he goes and replace him with goals he'll hardly be missed, right? 

Just now, Villarocker said:

Fact of the matter is, if Jack goes and we replace him with say Jonathan David and he scored more than 10 goals in the season and the likes of Bailey and Buendia chip in with 10+ because we are no longer a one man band, would we miss Jack? He doesn't score lots of goals so if he goes and replace him with goals he'll hardly be missed, right? 

Your logic is right but it’s still not if that makes sense 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How many trophies does he have to win?  There's a certain romance in a Villa lad captaining us from the second tier to Europe and potentially a domestic cup win, but we don't have a statue commemorating any of our greatest glories. It'd take something absolutely massive for Grealish to get one before the squad of 81/82.

As Nassif said, the sky's the limit. IF we win X trophies then yes build it.

I'd build a statue for Mortimer and co tomorrow if aloud.

Some might argue that if you took Grealish out of our team and replaced him with Buendia and Bailey that we're already stronger, never mind what we could do with the extra £100m. Not sure I agree with that.

31 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

tpZHC3g.jpg

Edited by Delphouneso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Some might argue that if you took Grealish out of our team and replaced him with Buendia and Bailey that we're already stronger, never mind what we could do with the extra £100m. Not sure I agree with that.

Maybe in time but they haven't even played a game for us yet. Let's give them some time to warm up into the team.

We can't just tell Citeh 100% upfront.  Transfers don't work like that. If we did that we might end up with a really pissed off Jack Grealish who will feel that we've obstructed his move. 

If we offer them "reasonable" payment terms which they won't agree then Jack has to accept we've tried to accommodate it but they are the bad guys here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

He said it last week also, suggested a week is the timeline to find a deal. 

Is this to allow villa to source replacements?

Could be but I don’t think it’s for the buying club to set a timeline. More like an attempt to push Villa/Grealish into a hasty decision.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Well we also haven't rejected the bid so it's the most logical assumption. 

It could quite simply be in Jack's hands to make his mind up. It's all speculation. 

Jack's staying , we are using the suspense to build the media frenzy and will announce  his new deal before the first game.  We are going for it .

Man City aren't that untouchable.  They beat us with a shit offside decision  last season.

It doesn't matter what Man City win,  its all plastic trophies and a rich Arabs dream , Jack will help make villa a real force in the PL and Europe. He's brought into the dream . UTV 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s the club record goalscorer, pretty fine achievement if you ask me.

Nah, totally different level to what we are talking about.

If's are what we're saying, if Jack captains us to multiple trophies, incl Champs League, I know, I know,  IF IF IF, at the end of his career should we build a statue honouring him, I say yes.

No doubt someone will instantly say he knows nothing, but Jamie Gray (Andy's son), seems certain he is off. Has implied on Twitter he has heard it, not just his opinion. Delay has apparently been down to our owners trying everything to persuade him. By his estimation it hasn't worked.

Just now, Davkaus said:

It could quite simply be in Jack's hands to make his mind up. It's all speculation. 

Which is why the club has been silent. Not wanting to put undue stress on Jack during what has to be a very stressful time. 

Just imagine if Villa announced we had accepted the bid and the decision now hinged on Jack. The social media hysteria would be absolutely insane. I think the club are handling this the best they can. 

Their is so little information the social media trolls don't know who to abuse so everyone is just sitting around puzzled. 

Â