The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well at this stage they may not have received an acceptable bid, doesn’t mean they won’t in the near future.

I can't see a single report of a bid having been rejected. Percy would report on such a bid, but he's not said a peep in ages. 

• Haha 1

This shit is going to resolve one way or the other in the next couple of days.

£100m offer (per Percy) - huge money. Now we find out the direction of the club, and Jack's decision.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't disagree about Preece not knowing a thing, but have Man City actually done anything that can be tangibly verified? 

If they've agreed everything with Jack and his agent, what's stopping them making a bid? 

Are you not aware of the 5 stages of football transfer bidding?

1) Posturing over the idea of a bid. 

2) Preparing to prepare a bid. 

3) Once prepared, formulate the bid and its contents. 

4) Step back, and duly consider the bid. 

5) Repeat that process six times to drag the process out and allow the media to aggregate clicks. 

6) Send the two line email with the bid. 

Honestly, it's a wonder how you get by in life, these are basic issues. 

Just now, StanBalaban said:

I can't see a single report of a bid having been rejected. Percy would report on such a bid, but he's not said a peep in ages. 

And just like that, my post is made to look silly 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't disagree about Preece not knowing a thing, but have Man City actually done anything that can be tangibly verified? 

If they've agreed everything with Jack and his agent, what's stopping them making a bid? 

What does "tangibly verified" mean though? People write it off as "clickbait BS" any time a journalist reports on City being in talks for Jack. Transfers are a matter of continual dialogue nowadays. It's not Football Manager where you explicitly click "Submit Bid". City are in talks with Villa on how to do a deal. The fact that talks are being entertained at all suggests to me that there's either a buyout clause or a gentleman's agreement in place, and that the talks are about how such a payment could be structured. I imagine City are trying to find a way to buy Jack, while still having enough funds immediately available to buy Kane, without breaching FFP

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He definitely isn't but let's not go around in circles

Says who? Ash doesn't get much, doesnt claim to, but Sam Lee is a nailed on bullshitter. 

Â