The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Exactly, on sky just the headline is Man City open talks with Villa for the transfer of Jack, which in all likeliness consists of email arriving at Villa and has been ignored. 

Sounded more like talks have been going on for a few days and we haven’t stopped talking , unfortunately suggests to me that Jack might have expressed an interest to go .

I think he’s gone , but will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up staying 

• Like 4

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Sounded more like talks have been going on for a few days and we haven’t stopped talking , unfortunately suggests to me that Jack might have expressed an interest to go .

Whatever jacks expressed city Would need to match the required fee , Will they do that or prioritise a striker ?

Im not convinced city will pay the money . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't think so, it wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't just been whipped into a frenzy by social media and the mainstream media has jumped.on it. Citeh and Villa conduct their business in private and no one but the inner circle really knows.

If you are correct though and there is real depth do all of this, it could literally be a coin flip for Jack, what a tough spot. 

Hoping you are wrong Tony and Jack stays. 🤞

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

So if city offer him £300k villa need to match it? No way would be be paying him that - it would be madness and imagine the disparity In wages amongst the squad - we do not have the income of city - by all means offer him a new deal but let’s be honest we cannot match whatever city can pay him ,and nor do we need to do so , he still has 4 years left on his deal 

Look I don’t know the finances of the club. But if we can buy a player for 40 million pound and offer him a top wage then we can pay Jack a top wage. 

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If Levy can keep an unsettled 28 yr old Kane after a gentleman’s agreement then NSWE can keep a settled 25 yr old Jack Grealish with 4 years left to run

I absolutely disagree with actions like that. 

Club and Jack have gentlemens agreement and club dont stick to it. How is that not acting in bad faith from clubs side?

What kind of message we are sending to every player who will come to villa? Dont sign any deal with villa without clauses that would let you leave and dont trust a word from a club? If club did that to mister villa it can do it to you without any problem.

25 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think it is fair that Jack talks to City. Just to see what they are offering. Villa need to match it. 

His agent has already spoke to City, Villa is the stumbling block

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I absolutely disagree with actions like that. 

Club and Jack have gentlemens agreement and club dont stick to it. How is that not acting in bad faith from clubs side?

What kind of message we are sending to every player who will come to villa? Dont sign any deal with villa without clauses that would let you leave and dont trust a word from a club? If club did that to mister villa it can do it to you without any problem.

Thats why I said Kane and Levy have a gentlemans agreement. Read it properly!

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

If he goes then I think the club have really messed this one up. Selling our star player is one thing, but selling him 2 weeks before the season starts is ridiculous. The club should have put a date on it and if nothing had happened by that date then Jack should have been made aware that he was staying.

However, it's not like we seem to be scrambling around with bids for his replacement. Without a release clause, the club don't need to do anything in order for him to stay.

FWIW this is how I think it will play out. 

Firstly, Villa will have a deadline and a ridiculous price which I don't think man City will meet. It will have a high premium to lose our best player 2 weeks before the season starts. 

If its not met Jack will play his best this season, and captain the club. Been reported he won't kick up a fuss. 

There will be a gentleman's agreement and fee agreed for next season. 

We will have targets to work on for 12 months in preparation for Jack leaving. 

Only way he stays next summer is if:

-He gets injured so man City get cold feet. 

-We have a ridiculous season and qualify for CL. 

Probably the plan all along as Man City don't need Grealish yet, they'll switch to Kane or a striker which they desperately need. 

Edited by pas5898
Additions

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thats why I said Kane and Levy have a gentlemans agreement. Read it properly!

Ok so would you say you agree that if club and jack  have non written agreement that a club should stick to its word?

50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Have to agree - Twitter has brought humanity to such a low level, desperate for information and believing any morsel offering insight.

The contact between fan bases has gone beyond light hearted banter into generating petty rivalries - the only winners are the shitehawk media who lap this up and regurgitate it over and over again.

im becoming disillusioned with the whole thing to be fair 

Fixed that for you

• Like 1

what the ireland/ england situation has taught me is that Jack is not scared to make the difficult, and unpopular decisions in order to further his career. The fella has received as much abuse in his career as nearly any other player due to his playing style, lifestyle, vocal hatred of the blues, international rethink. So he will not be basing his decision on how it affects other people or potential negative feedback from fans.

He will base this decision on Jack Grealish and the best move for his career.

And thats not really even a criticism - the most successful people in life always display as element of selfishness and ruthlessness

• Like 4

Â