The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

We won't sell for £100m and he won't force a move. We would have to say to him we want the money and £100m is not going to get him, £150m would be a difficult  sum to turn down but even then our owners are determined  not to have the heart of team and the progress we have made destroyed  for a sum that's less than they have already invested.

I believe there is a clause or city would not even be pursuing him as they know villa would not sell - as per Percy article on page 2700 he believes  there to be a release clause and so do many other journalists .

without a clause city wouldn’t even be after him 

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's worth far more to us than £100m, which isn't even *that* much these days. The board will recognise this better than anyone and the kind of money he brings into the club off of sheer marketing alone.

And what if he wants to leave ?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That doesn't change the price?

If they got close or at what we are looking for, and he let it known to the owners he'd like to go - id do the deal. Again, if he intimated he wanted to leave.

This whole thing is maddening, especially the ITKs. Sam Lee said the contract and fee are agreed, he was adamant. Today Romano tweats saying City have approached us for Grealish but no fee etc agreed. Sam Lee then retweets Romano's info which actually discredits his own information that's he's been adamant about all week (even arguing with Villa fans about it). So the only real 'ITK' is that no one knows WTF is going on at this point.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's worth far more to us than £100m, which isn't even *that* much these days. The board will recognise this better than anyone and the kind of money he brings into the club off of sheer marketing alone.

This is one of the things that annoys me. He is not worth 100m, he is worth A LOT MORE. If they get him for that amount then they will be wetting themselves. The commercial potential now is mega for us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

This is my view 100%.

Premier League football has an employment system where players sign relatively short contracts with their employers and frequently move on to other employers, often before the contractual period is over. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Grealish might do this.

I’m grateful he has stayed this long, and he has been a massive factor in propelling us to a level that would have been beyond our wildest dreams four or five years ago. You can never take that away, and for me he will always be a Villa legend whoever he is playing for.

I agree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

This is my view 100%.

Premier League football has an employment system where players sign relatively short contracts with their employers and frequently move on to other employers, often before the contractual period is over. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Grealish might do this.

I’m grateful he has stayed this long, and he has been a massive factor in propelling us to a level that would have been beyond our wildest dreams four or five years ago. You can never take that away, and for me he will always be a Villa legend whoever he is playing for.

Grealish doesn't get paid by Villa. He does it for his love of the club and they give him a carton of milk and a packet of smarties every weekend !! 

I agree with all this by the way. Jack's a club legend. Whatever he decides to do, wish him the best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Isn’t the smoke just the same smoke being reposted over and over again?

It most probably is. Hopefully there’s no fire 🔥 😎

6 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

This whole thing is maddening, especially the ITKs. Sam Lee said the contract and fee are agreed, he was adamant. Today Romano tweats saying City have approached us for Grealish but no fee etc agreed. Sam Lee then retweets Romano's info which actually discredits his own information that's he's been adamant about all week (even arguing with Villa fans about it). So the only real 'ITK' is that no one knows WTF is going on at this point.

That's what I was thinking, it's so strange he's holding that up as if it vindicates him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I believe there is a clause or city would not even be pursuing him as they know villa would not sell - as per Percy article on page 2700 he believes  there to be a release clause and so do many other journalists .

without a clause city wouldn’t even be after him 

There is no release clause, he goes if we want to sell or he wants to go.

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is one of the things that annoys me. He is not worth 100m, he is worth A LOT MORE. If they get him for that amount then they will be wetting themselves. The commercial potential now is mega for us. 

Keep seeing this and don’t understand why he’s now suddenly more marketable. Is it because of the Euros? If it is, let’s be honest he was well down the pecking order with Southgate and he didn’t get much game time. He certainly wasn’t one of the first names on the team sheet like Kane, Sterling, Rice or Phillips. He’s only really marketable to villa fans, and he’s doesn’t need the marketing in that area.  

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

There is no release clause, he goes if we want to sell or he wants to go.

He goes if he wants to go ? You will probably find that there is a release clause and thst is the only way city can get him - we will see .

Thst  is the only reason villa would sell if their hands are tied - anyone who thinks city would pay over £100m is in cuckoo land - I hate it , but city would not be pursuing jack if they were not well aware of the price and whether he wants the move .

Edited by Eastie

In all his honesty, we shouldn't have to be offering a player a bumper new contract, every single season, just to convince them to stay at the club " they love ".

When does it end? If he stayed, and next season Bayern Munich or Madrid etc want him, they offer 350 k, are we going to offer him 500 k for his " loyalty "?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

That's what I was thinking, it's so strange he's holding that up as if it vindicates him.

Everyone's losing the plot and no one can even keep track of anything they've said at this point haha 

Edited by The Other Mat

Â